PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected internal Alpha Five error

ABC123

gschepp
02-23-2007, 11:33 PM
Received following error message after attempting to open form in design mode.

Source code (not on your machine) C:\dev\a5v8\src\A_IUTIL\General\Propbase.cpp at line 235

It also fails to open the form in view mode saying it Cannot load specified form "Main Senate". Using a default form instead.

John Gamble
02-24-2007, 01:27 AM
Gary

Had the same problem. Missing file(s) in download.

Re-download, install & re-boot.

John

christobal
02-24-2007, 02:29 AM
Source code (not on your machine) C:\dev\a5v8\src\A_IUTIL\General\Propbase.cpp at line 235
It also fails to open the form in view mode saying it Cannot load specified form "Main Senate". Using a default form instead.

I reported this as a bug during pre release trials. This error appears when editing a form in design mode and then presssing view in menu bar without first saving the design layout changes. THIS IS NOT TRUE IN EVERY EDIT CASE.
I found that this happens after editing or adding calculated fields to the design or using a conditional format expression that does not result correctly due to typos or expression errors.
Since RC3 have in these cases received a different warning that the "$$$$ temp file is unavaiable and a default form opens with the original form still open in design mode on the screen. If I close the default form view and then save the design layout, close it then the resulting view of the form requested opens. Before RC3 the form remained corrupted and your error appeared on the screen at ervery attempt to use form in question.
Result: hrs of toil in vain.
With regards to the content of the error message there is no need to re install
AV8 as the only people using the path in question

are the program developers.

John Gamble
02-24-2007, 02:39 AM
Gary

Mea culpa. I misread your post, was refering to another problem.

Also encountered your problem & as Chris stated it was a bug which has been recently fixed.

Sorry for the confusion.

John

gschepp
02-24-2007, 10:33 AM
I thought maybe there was a revision but didn't see anything newer than 1257 3055

Cian Chambliss
02-24-2007, 11:22 AM
This bug is fixed in the patch - the beta can be downloaded at:

http://downloads.alphasoftware.com/a5v8download/betapatchdownload.htm

this same internal error was reported against a different form, and was fixed last week.

Phil Rolf
02-24-2007, 11:32 AM
I have downloaded this link 3 times and when I go to V8 help, it states that I have build 1262_3056 not the 1264_3057