PDA

View Full Version : How can i print a report of part of a form?

ABC123

Digitaled
02-25-2007, 06:25 AM
I have a form that has two Browses on it and other items.

The one browse shows all the appointments for the day or any day picked from a small mini calendar.

I need to print a report that just shows all of todays appointmenst that are showing in the browse or what ever is showing in the browse for what ever date is selected.

I can get it to print all appointments for the month, Or a report that prints just the top report from each day not what i want.

But i can not get it to just print what is showing for today in the bottom browse.

Todays appointments.
----------------------

I can not find anything on this in the help files or i do not know what to look for.
----------------------

I am i hope days away from a beta version of what i am working on.
So i can start using it every day for the first time..
But i need to get a lot of reports working and a few other things to.

Stan Mathews
02-25-2007, 01:22 PM
Not really sure what you mean. Reports are for printing, forms and browses are for viewing. If you want a report, design a report. If the report should contain the same information that is visible on a form, base the report on the same table/set as the form.

BTW, you can begin creation of a new report and import a form's layout to it. Might be a good starting point to what you want. If you are working with information from a one to many set, it may be that you will need to create an inverted set to filter the report as desired.

russ Boehle
02-25-2007, 02:15 PM
If you want to print just what's showing in the browse you can do it several ways. I would design a report to print marked records and use line doubleclick or a button script to mark desired records. This won't restrict it to the visible records but may do what you want.
To mark just the visible records, if you know how many display at a time you could mark the first record showing, then step through the number of records that show.

Either way you will need a report where the records selected are:
Marked("tablename")

Russ