PDA

View Full Version : Odd Browse Navigate Behavior

ABC123

russ Boehle
02-25-2007, 05:13 PM
Wondering if someone can verify this behavior, and whether it is supposed to do this.
In an embedded browse, if it is read only, Browse is active, the down arrow key advances down 1 row, however the page down key also advances 1 row.
If the browse is changed to editable (read only off), down arrow key still advances 1 row, page down key advances 1 screen of records (what I consider to be the preferable result for this key)

Do others see the same behavior?

Is there some reason that the page down key is supposed to advance 1 row if the browse is read only? (I don't think so but want to check before reporting.)

Russ

Jim Coltz
02-25-2007, 05:36 PM
Do others see the same behavior?
Russ

Yes, I was able to duplicate this AlphaSports, invoice form. A5V8 1262-3056 (beta patch), Win XP-Pro SP2

Cian Chambliss
02-26-2007, 09:59 AM
I am able to reproduce the bug - it looks like the browse is getting the form page-down/page-up behavior in this case (i.e. on a form, page-up/page-down navigates between adjacent records).

I am working on a fix for this.

Thanks,
Cian

Cian Chambliss
02-26-2007, 10:20 AM
I found that the fix involves changing the form system menu. To see the fix on your system right now, edit the form menu by going to the code tab and selected 'edit system menus', then change Records popup menu Next and Previous entries to

Xbasic
a5_context_pagedn()

Instead of

Action
record_next

And

Xbasic
a5_context_pageup()

Instead of
Action
record_prev

russ Boehle
02-26-2007, 07:31 PM
Thanks, I'll try that.

Russ

Cian Chambliss
02-26-2007, 07:38 PM
Selwyn made the changes to the system menus, so in the next patch, this should work.

russ Boehle
02-26-2007, 08:32 PM
Great.

Russ