next
no additional search criteria
Save as options =Save as Dynamic HTML
Choose file destination
Finish
Then the printing preview dialog appears as an empty white dialog
A5V8 hangs and screen turns white.
Have to close A5V5 with brute force:
The resulting saved document is in PDF format.

Steve Workings
02-27-2007, 09:11 AM
Well, you're trying to do some things that aren't in the normal, recommended process of getting a report.

#1. Don't try to print a form. Yes, it can be done, but the opportunities for problems are just to enormous. You should design a report and print that, not the form.

#2. The save-as html option has been acknowledged as an option with problems. It's a third-party add-on that Alpha purchased and I would never count on it. Save-as .pdf is the most reliable option to get what you want.

christobal
02-27-2007, 09:50 AM
The pdf option is on the same level as the HTML addin , limited font support bad tablulation and all in all the printing side of the latest release is lacking lustre.

Steve Workings
02-27-2007, 10:25 AM
I've always gotten exactly what I expected with the pdf.

Are you expecting either option to print a form with a tabbed object? If so, that won't work. It sounds to me like you're trying to do things that aren't meant to be. But then I'd never build a house with a lawnmower and wonder why it turned out wrong.

christobal
02-27-2007, 11:45 AM
Most apps which supply dynamic data views or collections, accommodate the need to print selected records as derived from form procedures.
If the main toolbar enables such a genie driven process then regardless of the underlining problems the available options should produce the required result. Otherwise why are they there in the first place.
When I made my "grass-hut" the lawnmower was indispensable.

Al Buchholz
02-27-2007, 02:07 PM
Otherwise why are they there in the first place.

Every tool works in some situations, but not all. That doesn't make the tool bad, it means that we should use it where it works and not where it doesn't.

When it doesn't work, I use another tool that does.

In this case, the tool to use is the reporting tool and pdfs. HTML is not always the answer.