PDA

View Full Version : colors in form are lost and won't correct

ABC123

DaveM
03-01-2007, 11:13 AM
I have a large application on a server. I copied the whole thing to my local comuter and started opening each form to see if it operated and came up with a couple of forms that all the color is gone and when I try to correct it with v8, it wil not change.

I am going to give a screen shot of both to see if I am alone with this delimma.

Dave Mason

Steve Wood
03-01-2007, 11:30 AM
So you want your greenbacks in your Money form?

I tried opening a form from V7 in V8 where I knew it had colored controls, and it worked fine. Can you let us know if they are simple colored bacgrounds or conditional field colors. What do you mean it won't change in V8, that you go to Properties/Borders and set the color, and it won't take?

DaveM
03-01-2007, 11:57 AM
I have the latest up dates.

They are simple and not conditional in any way.

I also found I cannot access the variables in the form or any form while in design mode.

I made another form and copied all the fields and calcs over to (less the vars) and it still does the same.

Dave

Cian Chambliss
03-01-2007, 11:57 AM
Dave,

Can you post the application with problems so that I can take a peek at whats going on. The main issues that we have run into/addressed during beta have concerned colors in embedded browses.

Are the colors you are not seeing on your form user defined custom colors? (i.e. view-settings/Databases/custom colors). Though I was unable to duplicate the problem, john Gamble reported during beta that he lost his custom colors a number of times.

Thanks,
Cian

DaveM
03-01-2007, 12:12 PM
Cian,

this is a large program, I can zip it and send wherver you want, but I do not believe this forum can handle it.

Dave

DaveM
03-01-2007, 12:37 PM
Cian,

packed and zipped, this is a little over 10 megs.

Dave Mason

Cian Chambliss
03-01-2007, 12:45 PM
Ok - I think that could be sent as an email attachment - my address is

cian@alphasoftware.com

Thanks,
Cian

DaveM
03-01-2007, 12:54 PM
I found it!

I can repair the colors if I choose solid instead of 40% on the sea green.

At least yu know where to look now.

Dave