Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Alpha 5v12 Interactive Events Calendar for Desktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alpha 5v12 Interactive Events Calendar for Desktop

I am still seeing a lot of messages concerning a desktop calendar for Alpha 5. As such, I stripped down a couple of projects to produce a starting point for anyone looking to create an interactive desktop calendar that displays events. The link to the database is below. All I ask is that you submit any generic additions or improvements so I can update the file. Below is a list of features it currently has. Once you download, open the work space and view the "Introduction" to get started.

File

Features
    1. Interactive calendar control allows users to create and modify events using a mouse click and drag & drop techniques.
    2. Calendar control allows user to change views between Month, Week, and Day.
    3. Calendar can be filtered �on the fly� by selecting a value from one of the other controls on the screen (Clients & Category).
    4. Over 50 calendar settings can be accessed, modified, and implemented �on the fly�.
    5. Events can recur for a specified period of time with automatic event generation.
    6. Current view can be published to pdf as displayed on screen.
    7. Drag & drop events to trash icon to delete.
    8. Event display can utilize CSS Icons.
    9. Calendar & views are completely customizable by the user using the FullCalendar documentation at http://fullcalendar.io/docs/.
    Thanks,
    James

Re: Alpha 5v12 Interactive Events Calendar for Desktop

I have not downloaded it yet, but
    Thanks in advance for the sharing of your work.
    Dave Mason
    [email protected]
    Skype is dave.mason46

Comment

Thanks for sharing your work. I downloaded it, there is a lot of it there.
      If understand correctly you have implemented the Full Calendar JavaScript based event calendar in Alpha5 as a web project. You have then set it up for use on the desktop environment. Very Nice.
      The first good reason I've seen to update from version 10.5 to 12.
      But, since I haven't got version 12 how about some screen shots?

Comment

I am looking forward to delving in to it when I have cleared my workload a bit.
        I have a range of calendar based XML dialogs at work and hope i can use and enhance yours.
        This could be an exciting space to watch.

Comment

James:

I only had a few minutes to eyeball your work, but I must say, it is impressive.

Thank you for posting it. I was one of the recent threads looking for a desktop scheduling solution with drop and drag.

I'm looking to convert it to an employee scheduling interface.

Again, we appreciate the effort you went to in stripping it down as a sample.

Craig

Comment

Thank you all for your kind words. I attached some screenshots.

Paul, you are correct. I implemented the FullCalendar.js calendar inside a UX component and then generated an xbasic function to run the calendar from the desktop. However, I also created a second option. Also included is an xDialog version that utilizes the chrome control offered in Alpha 5v12. It does not use a UX component to host FullCalendar.js and is included for those that do not want run web components on the desktop. Personally, I have 3 active applications running FullCalendar.js through a UX component. From an efficiency standpoint, the xDialog version requires significantly less amount of code (lines of code).

calendar_month.PNG
            calendar_week.PNG
            calendar_day.PNG
            calendar_xDialog.PNG
            Thanks,
            James

Comment

Additional Info - Alpha 5v12 Interactive Events Calendar for Desktop

This is a follow-up to the original post to point out a couple of comments about the included files.
              1. It is possible to drag external items (i.e. item from a list) onto the calendar as a "trigger" to creating a new event. However, this will not work if you use panels in your UX component as I have done. This can be resolved by replacing the panels with containers and re-styling the page to look the same. If you can not get the drag and drop to work with external items, contact me and I will see if I can help.
              2. I would be interested to find out which of the 2 examples (UX component vs. xDialog) desktop developers prefer in creating their own applications. The chrome control is obviously new so any feedback concerning the xDialog version will be appreciated.
              3. One of the best features of FullCalendar.js, is the ability to customize the appearance of the calendar. I attached an image of a customized calendar obtained through their website as an example of this feature in case your looking for something different from what I provided.

calendar_custom.PNG
              Thanks,
              James

Comment

Is there something one must do before using this app? It is not working for me... (v12 & Win10)

When I selected the Intro menu option this is what occurs:

err1_20160613.jpg

err2_20160613.jpg
                Robin

Discernment is not needed in things that differ, but in those things that appear to be the same. - Miles Sanford

Comment

Robin, Iv'e used modified versions of this post on several projects since I released it here. Upon all of my work with FullCalendar.js I have not come across this error. If you can zip up your app I would be happy to take a look at it. My guess is you are trying to use a class defined in FullCalendar.js before it has been defined. If you downloaded an updated version of FullCalendar from their website, did you remember to swap out the $ with jQuery so that it does not conflict with any of the Alpha 5 js files?
                  Thanks,
                  James

Comment

Hi James,
                    Since I am on desktop only but can use WCD, I didn't know what was required before using your script - so no I did not do that. I'll give it a try...

uhh, where exactly do I do that? I opened the web projects control panel but there is no project. I'm missing something here!
                    Last edited by MoGrace; 06-14-2016, 03:52 PM.
                    Robin

Discernment is not needed in things that differ, but in those things that appear to be the same. - Miles Sanford

Comment

Robin, I did download my app again into the most recent build of Alpha 5v12 and did not have any issues. Did you try running one of the other options besides "Introduction"? If they work, I can always post a pdf of the introduction which is simply the instructions for getting started.
                      Thanks,
                      James

Comment

Working...
                      X