Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Showing Parent ID in the title of a detail View popup window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Showing Parent ID in the title of a detail View popup window

Hi
    I have a grid with a DV. I setup the DV as popup window.
    In the title of the DV, i would like to show something like "Details for 12345" where 12345 is my OrderID field.
    How do i do that?

Thanks
    Jaime

Re: Showing Parent ID in the title of a detail View popup window

http://www.ajaxvideotutorials.com/V1...amicTitles.swf

Comment

Many thanks, exactly what i needed...
      Jaime

Comment

Lance - thanks for posting that video link. I just used it and it worked! So for those of you who like to copy and paste (like me...:), here you go...

in Client Side event AfterDetailViewOpen:
        Code:
        row = {grid.object}._detailViewRow
        var x = {grid.object}.getValue('G','JOB_CODE',row);
        var y = {grid.object}.getValue('G','JobAddress',row);
        {grid.object}._dvFloatingWindow.setTitle('Job Log for: ' + x + '-' + y);
        NOTE: I'm wondering, though, if there might be an issue with the window title if you are entering a NEW record that has no values yet. Haven't tried it, but I wonder if you might get some values in the window title that are from a row other than the new record row?
        Carol King
        Developer of Custom Homebuilders' Solutions (CHS)
        http://www.CHSBuilderSoftware.com

Comment

Carol,

on a new record it give me the last row's information.
          Ideally, I'd like it to show "New Record" or something... any idea on how to put and if statement and reference an ID field that doesn't have an ID yet? (in JS).
          Lee

Comment

Originally posted by leetv View Post
            Carol,

on a new record it give me the last row's information.
            Ideally, I'd like it to show "New Record" or something... any idea on how to put and if statement and reference an ID field that doesn't have an ID yet? (in JS).
            Lee
            Well I'm not Carol, but you can add
            Code:
            {grid.object}._dvFloatingWindow.setTitle('New Record');
            to the afterDetailViewNewRecord event to get what you're looking for.

Or, if you want the low tech approach, just change the Detail View Window Title in the Grid's detail view properties setting.
            Jim Coltz
            Alpha Custom Database Solutions, LLC
            A5CustomSolutions.com
            [email protected]

Comment

Jim,
              Thanks a ton.. exactly what i was looking for.

(I just sent you an email about your calendar control).

Lee

Comment

Thanks Lee! A reply to your email is on the way.
                Jim Coltz
                Alpha Custom Database Solutions, LLC
                A5CustomSolutions.com
                [email protected]

Comment

This is an old tread that I found useful.

I can put this code:

{grid.object}._dvFloatingWindow.setTitle('Enter a New Appointment');

in the inline javascript of a button that I use to call the enternewdialog etc

but when I do that, it overrides the title that should show when editing the detail view record, i.e., Edit Appointment"

So, bottom line is I am looking to have "New Appointment" display in the title when the user clicks my NewAppt button, and "Edit Appointment" when the user edits a record. Any suggestions?
                  Gary S. Traub, Ph.D.

Comment

if i understand correctly then
                    in the detail view set up, in the properties of the detail view
                    uncheck has title
                    set the title to editing appointment.
                    then go the button which calls for new records insertion ( you should make the link new record link blank in order for you to have abutton of your own) preferably a toolbar button and add this code
                    Code:
                    {grid.object}._dvFloatingWindow.setTitle('Enter a New Appointment');
                    {grid.Object}.detailViewNewRecord();
                    that should do what you are looking for.
                    thanks for reading

gandhi

version 11 3381 - 4096
                    mysql backend
                    http://www.alphawebprogramming.blogspot.com
                    [email protected]
                    1 914 924 5171

Comment

Hi Gandhi,

Thanks a lot for responding.

That is exactly what I did. The problem is that it works fine the first time. but once I click the NewAppt button once, title says "New Appt" from then on, whether I click NewAppt or Edit Appt
                      Gary S. Traub, Ph.D.

Comment

yes, i do notice that now. i tried few tricks nothing seems to work.
                        thanks for reading

gandhi

version 11 3381 - 4096
                        mysql backend
                        [email protected]
                        1 914 924 5171

Comment

Thanks again for looking.

How do you title your detail view window? Or do you use other method (a separate ux or grid as a form) besides detail view to edit records or add new records?
                          Gary S. Traub, Ph.D.

Comment

take a look at video 53 in version 10, that might shed some light.
                            normally i use grid to show records, dialogs to add/edit record.
                            grids are easy to work with, but dialogs have more control and since they are not bound to back end as grids are, you can leave them hanging around for awhile and only when you are happy you can save them.
                            but there are times grids come in handy, like row expanders, they can even mimic dialog with repeating section, if you like.
                            there is no hard and fast rule that i follow, but by and large grid to show dialog to enter.
                            Last edited by GGandhi; 09-29-2017, 04:28 AM.
                            thanks for reading

gandhi

version 11 3381 - 4096
                            mysql backend
                            [email protected]
                            1 914 924 5171

Comment

if you are open to the idea of not having a detail view then you can have a read only grid and a dialog both based on the same table.
                              then add a button to the field list to edit and a toolbar button to add new customer. name these two pop up windows accordingly. when you add the pop up for editing you can include title as "Editing {any_field_name}" so that the title will be descriptive even tho' the data is self explanatory.
                              see if this is okay with you.

here is an example:
                              https://www.screencast.com/t/NWNtJqoY
                              Last edited by GGandhi; 09-29-2017, 08:57 AM.
                              thanks for reading

gandhi

version 11 3381 - 4096
                              mysql backend
                              [email protected]
                              1 914 924 5171

Comment

Working...
                              X