Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Print Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Print Preview

Hello Everyone,

Like a lot of people, I use Action Scripting quite a bit.

I love to use Print Preview, when printing reports, because the input person can take a quick look at the report and see if the data is OK.

I ran a search on the board, and did not come up with an answer for this question.

Please find attached a JPEG of a screen shot of a Report Preview.

I have two questions;
    1 - How do I get rid of the Show control panel button in the Report preview window?
    2 - How do you get rid of the ALPHA menu when the Report preview shows?

I never payed attention to the show control panel button in the preview window. Shame on me. So if you use this quite extensively like I have, how do you get it out of there?

Thanks Ed

RE: Print Preview

Ed,

For the first question, if you intend to remove the Control Panel button all of the time you can do so.

- Go to the Code tab of the Control Panel.
    - With the cursor in an empty space, right-click and select "Customize System Menus/Toolbars".
    - Then select "Customize System Toolbars".
    - Select the "Print Preview" toolbar.
    - Select "Edit Toolbar".
    - On the left, select the Show Control Panel button.
    - Hit the Delete button and save it.

I haven't tested it but that should suffice in removing that button permanently from the Preview toolbar.

As for the menu, I'm not sure how to remove it altogether. I hope this helps.

Steve

Comment

Hi Steve,

All I can say, is EXCELLENT.

It gives the options to control the main menu items, and also the window tool bar, just for the print preview.

You made my day with this one.

Have a nice day

Ed

Comment

When in design mode, choose the report/properties/region properties from the menu. The very last tab is the menu/toolbars. On that tab, select 'None' for the menu and/or toolbar. This will get rid of the menu. You might want to create a custom menu to replace the default menu.

Jason

Comment

Good Morning,

In my developing copy of A5v6 changing the Alpha menu and tool bar for the print preview, works perfect every time.

But getting the runtime to act the same is not happening. I have compacted the application twice. Refreshed the shadow twice, deleted the shadow, and re copied it(create shadow). Still no go.

Am I doing something wrong for this to take effect, or is there something wrong?

Thanks

Ed

Comment

Hello again,

Also If I point the runtime to the server, instead of the shadow, I get the same thing. No change in the Alpha menu and tool bar for the print preview.

I do not see anywhere in runtime to make an change.

Thanks

Ed

Comment

(original link deleted, no longer valid) The old link simply explained that you needed to copy a_toolbars_customized.* from your Alpha Five program folder to your runtime program folder. This is where the customized system toolbars are stored

Lenny Forziati
              Vice President, Internet Products and Technical Services
              Alpha Software Corporation

Comment

Thanks Lenny,

Have a good one.

Ed

Comment

Hi Lenny,

I also changed the Alpha menu for the print preview.

Would it also be correct to copy the A_MENUS_SYSTEM.* into the runtime application folder??

(I see that the A_MENUS_SYSTEM.dbf and .fpt updated when I made the changes, in my full version folder.)

I do not want to try it without you saying OK.

Thanks

Ed

Comment

I am having the opposite problem. In all of my reports, in the Report/Properties/Report Properties/Menu is showing Toolbar as None (with no other options) and Menu as None (with no other options). How do I turn on the Toolbar? Right now, when a user previews a report all they can do is Exit the entire application.

Please help!

Charlie

Comment

Never mind! After working at it for an hour I found the fix. The pulldown menu for Menus/Toolbars only gives you one selection "None". I typed in "System" like the other menus in A5, but that was not working. After some trial and error I found that by just leaving it blank the PrintPreview would revert to the Print Preview Toolbar as is described earlier in this thread.

Very strange behaviour and one that should be fixed for consistency!

Charlie

Comment

Working...
                      X