I am wondering if using web components will help solve an issue many of us have with sizing our forms for various screen sizes. I am not a professional programmer so I tend to have limited knowledge of how the various objects work and why. But I have learned that creating a form for the desktop can be tricky when considering the large number of possible screen sizes.

Recently I am facing this in my own desktop app since I have upgraded some workstations and the screen sizes are different from the previous desktop monitors. For instance I upgraded one workstation to a new Windows 8 laptop and it has a screen size of 1366 x 768. The previous screen at that workstation was 1280 x 1024. I am considering redoing my forms to better fit these wide screen formats.

I am learning about developing on the web side and have been reading some interesting articles about Responsive Web Design (RWD). I am thinking I can learn to develop A5 web pages that will dynamically adjust to the various screen sizes on my LAN, or for my handhelds over the internet. What I am wondering now is if the use of web components can help me on the desktop side? Will the web components re-size on a desktop form in the same way as in a browser?

Sean