Alpha DevCon 2018

Thread: Looking for details about Action Javascript Open A5W Page Window Javascript Events

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    David Kates

Default Looking for details about Action Javascript Open A5W Page Window Javascript Events

I've had a good look through the forum and in the docs and can't seem to find any information on the Window Javascript Events that are available in the Action Javascript Open an A5W Page.

There's lots of them:

onInitialize
    onBeforeShow
    onShow
    etc.

I'm interested in the onBeforeShow. Specifically... can I cancel the show?

I have a dialog with a repeating section. I have an image control with an onClick event in a header section and when I click it I run Action Javascript to open an A5W page containing a dialog.

What I'd like to do is test for a value in the current row of the repeating section and, depending on the value, not allow the page to open.

I thought the onBeforeShow might have something like a "cancel" but that doesn't really make sense since it's all javascript.

If I could attach a javascript "if" to the Action Javascript that would be great... but that's not available.

Anyone know of any little gems available for these events? Or other ideas to accomplish this?

Thanks,

David

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    Frank Bicknell

Default Re: Looking for details about Action Javascript Open A5W Page Window Javascript Event

David I don't think this is what you want but a return false; in a grid open window action javascript stops the window from opening.
    Win 10 64 Development, Win 7 64 WAS 11-1, 2, Win 10 64 AA-1,2, MySql, dbForge Studio The Best MySQL GUI Tool IMHO. http://www.devart.com/dbforge/mysql/studio/

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    David Kates

Default Re: Looking for details about Action Javascript Open A5W Page Window Javascript Event

Absolutely Frank... excellent... thank you! I had a return in there... completely forgot about the false.