Get a Jumpstart with our Sample Apps

Thread: Not able to print or preview reports (worked fine for last year)

Real Name
    Adam R Shepard

Default Not able to print or preview reports (worked fine for last year)

Hi,

I've been happily using QReport Builder for the last year to product quarterly sales reports for consignment vendors. I have some saved reports which I simply update with new dates each quarter (along with a refresh of the data in the tables).

This quarter I went to preview/print PDFs of the sales reports, but I get two error messages which stop the reports from being generated.

If I try to print a report, I get an error message saying "Could not Find Report" (See attachment). The report exists, as I can go in and edit the layout of it. And I have verified that the file listed as "could not be found" is saved at the listed path in the error message.

If I try to preview a report, I get an error saying "Printer not configured".

I have not changed anything since last quarter, so I'm wondering what the problem could be.

Adam
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real Name
    Alan Buchholz

Default Re: Not able to print or preview reports (worked fine for last year)

Quote Originally Posted by AdamShep View Post
    Hi,

I've been happily using QReport Builder for the last year to product quarterly sales reports for consignment vendors. I have some saved reports which I simply update with new dates each quarter (along with a refresh of the data in the tables).

This quarter I went to preview/print PDFs of the sales reports, but I get two error messages which stop the reports from being generated.

If I try to print a report, I get an error message saying "Could not Find Report" (See attachment). The report exists, as I can go in and edit the layout of it. And I have verified that the file listed as "could not be found" is saved at the listed path in the error message.

If I try to preview a report, I get an error saying "Printer not configured".

I have not changed anything since last quarter, so I'm wondering what the problem could be.

Adam
    Adam

At first glance it looks like your windows default printer has changed. QRB is sensitive to the default printer unless you have specifically assigned a printer.

You'll need to change the default printer to a 'normal' printer - not Adobe or QuickBooks or....., and restart QRB.

As far as the message that the report is not found, have you moved the My Documents folder to a network drive instead of the hard drive?
    Al Buchholz
    Bookwood Systems, LTD
    Weekly QReportBuilder Webinars Thursday 1 pm CST

Occam's Razor - KISS
    Normalize till it hurts - De-normalize till it works.
    Advice offered and questions asked in the spirit of learning how to fish is better than someone giving you a fish.
    When we triage a problem it is much easier to read sample systems than to read a mind.

Real Name
    David Katz

Default Re: Not able to print or preview reports (worked fine for last year)

How can we layout a report with every second line shaded or color?