Get a Jumpstart with our Sample Apps

Thread: Dynamic Query Results - V9 versus V12

Real Name
    Graeme Lincoln

Default Dynamic Query Results - V9 versus V12

I have moved an application from Version 9 to Version 12. In the version 9 software we could query a list of records in a browse and then the user could make changes to the found set and they would remain in the original query result. In version 12 as soon as my user makes a change to a record in the query result that affects the query criteria it is removed from the list. How can I replicate the old version 9 behaviour in version 12?

Real Name
    Graeme Lincoln

Post Re: Dynamic Query Results - V9 versus V12

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme Lincoln View Post
    I have moved an application from Version 9 to Version 12. In the version 9 software we could query a list of records in a browse and then the user could make changes to the found set and they would remain in the original query result. In version 12 as soon as my user makes a change to a record in the query result that affects the query criteria it is removed from the list. How can I replicate the old version 9 behaviour in version 12?
    I must have worded this badly as I have had no feed-back at all! If anyone has half an idea of what I am on about and would like to help me out I would be most grateful.

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    Tom Cone Jr

Default Re: Dynamic Query Results - V9 versus V12

User interface issues are difficult to describe here. Sometimes it helps to prepare a short screencast using JING. More often it helps to supply sample data, forms, and instructions we should follow on our systems to see the issue. In your post its not clear to me, for instance, what you might mean by " ... then the user could make changes to the found set ..." ? I'm also unclear what you might mean by "... change to a record in the query result that affects the query criteria..."?

In general if your form is filtered to show a subset of the records, and the user edits a record so that when saved it no longer meets the filter criteria, Alpha will no longer display that record while the original query remains in effect. To my way of thinking this is correct behavior.

"Certified" Alphaholic Ray in Capetown's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Hendler

Default Re: Dynamic Query Results - V9 versus V12

V10 upwards had been improved in the area of detecting changes and updating forms. Prior to that specific refresh and resynch were much more necessary.
    That is the intended behaviour. In v9 the non matching item wouldn't remain stable many actions could cause a refresh. Scroll the browse a page down and back up again.