Alpha DevCon 2018

Thread: NEED HELP!!!!! AlphaFour V6 Disks mistakenly thrown away!! Need Replacements!

Real Name
    William Wagoner

Default NEED HELP!!!!! AlphaFour V6 Disks mistakenly thrown away!! Need Replacements!

Hi!
    My name is Bill Wagoner. I have used, upgraded, beta-tested Alpha Four from V2 - V6. I developed many applications for commercial use as a part-time consultant.
    Somehow during a home renovation in 2010, all of my A4 disks were thrown out - apparently the box they were in was mistakenly grabbed…

Anyway…I know that A4V6 is no longer available…but…I am desperate…I would gladly pay for disks for V6 that were no longer used by the original owner.
    Do you folks have any available? I really miss my software!!!

Any help would be appreciated!

Sincerely

Bill Wagoner
    416 Windham Rd
    Willimantic, CT 06226

(860) 423-9507

Real Name
    Casey Mulcihy

Default Re: NEED HELP!!!!! AlphaFour V6 Disks mistakenly thrown away!! Need Replacements!

Hi William,

I have at least 4 sets of Alpha 4 version 6, but can only find 2 right not. I'm looking to let go of 1 set. Would that help?

Casey

Real Name
    Robert Smith

Default Re: NEED HELP!!!!! AlphaFour V6 Disks mistakenly thrown away!! Need Replacements!

I find myself in the same position having lost 3 sets, 3 licenses. I have only my v7 CD, but wish for a copy of v6

Real Name
    Casey Mulcihy

Hi Robert,

I've got some of the AlphaFour V6 disks and books at my old office. I just moved and did not bring them with me. I purchased 4 sets of books and 4 licenses a long time ago. I have no need for them. I'm not sure how many disks and books I can lay my hands on right now. Do you want what I have?

Casey

Real Name
    Robert Smith

Wow, that was fast......for a fairly dead forum. I have my original books for v6 so I do not need them, but at least one set of disks or a zip of the files on them would be great as I am only running one stand alone database these days. I have been trying to run in a dosbox with v7 was having problems printing typeset and thought that v6 might work better as it is straight dos based. I hate to leave alpha behind and am too old to learn MySQL or any of the frameworks to run it. I've tried. Even bought alpha5 years ago, just couldn't get into it. Let me know what you need from me

Real Name
    Casey Mulcihy

Give me a couple of days to get my hands on the disks. I'll see if I can find a 3 1/4 floppy drive to read them and copy them, maybe to a zip file I can email to you. Like I said, I just moved and I'm very busy setting up my new office.

Casey

Real Name
    Robert Smith

Thanks Casey, I await your reply...Take your time, I know what setting up a new office is like