Alpha DevCon 2018

Thread: Message was not sent because of an error - how to use "after Message Sent"?

Real Name
    Jaime Ben David

Default Message was not sent because of an error - how to use "after Message Sent"?

Started receiving the above error in a UX that uses the "Send EMail" javascript action. Settings were not changed in this app for nearly 3 years, the error started popping this morning.
    My app. server connects to my mail server (exchange) to send, so i built a new relay in exchange ( new receive connector ) which is completely open to my app server's ip.
    From my app server, i can telnet to my mail server and send even without authentication, but it still fails from the app.
    There is a possibility to use an "after Message Sent" property which should be a javascript function, but didn't find any help on how to set this up ( this way i can catch e.errorText ). How can i know why is this failing?

Many thanks
    Jaime

Real Name
    Tim

Default Re: Message was not sent because of an error - how to use "after Message Sent"?

I'm having the same problem. Did you get yours fixed? I see that there was never a response which doesn't really surprise me.

Real Name
    Jaime Ben David

Default Re: Message was not sent because of an error - how to use "after Message Sent"?

The reason is either wrong username/password but most surely a security issue. In my case, even though the exchange connector was created succesfully, there still were some security issues involved.
    I don't remember exactly, but you need to check
    1) NAT in your server's network router
    2) exchange connector open for you app's server it --> security --> check "External security (IPSec)"
    3) Check no antispam software in the exchange server blocks your app

Real Name
    Tim

I'll check it out. thank you!

Real Name
    Jaime Ben David

in 2) there is a typo should be "exchange connector open for your app's server IP" ...