Alpha DevCon 2018

Thread: Error executing SQL Count query: when using a UX to edit a list control item.

Real Name
    divaanddress

Default Error executing SQL Count query: when using a UX to edit a list control item.

ISSUE: Receiving "Error executing SQL Count query": when using a UX to edit a list control item.

When clicking the list item and invoking the Active Javascript to "EditExistingItem"
    • DB is MySQL
    • Using primarykey as the return value.
    • Using a GUID as a key.
    • In the list SQL statement, I disable the "Execute count query when query in preview? But it's reenabled the when I edit the statement!
    • The error displays in red at the top of the editor UX.

Error executing SQL Count query:
    SELECT FIRST 1 commitments.commitment_id AS PRIMARYKEY_commitments_1, commitments.commitment_id AS commitments_commitment_id, commitments.description AS commitments_description, commitments.budget_id AS commitments_budget_id, commitments.vendor_ID AS commitments_vendor_ID, commitments.date_routed AS commitments_date_routed, commitments.ball_in_court AS commitments_ball_in_court, commitments.date_fully_exec AS commitments_date_fully_exec, commitments.commitment_type AS commitments_commitment_type, commitments.notes AS commitments_notes FROM commitments WHERE commitments.commitment_id = :PrimaryKey_1

primarykey_1
    01572cfd-97d8-4d6b-860e-6b61cd1f39ae
    Input
    Last edited by westridge; 09-24-2015 at 04:53 PM.

Real Name
    divaanddress

Default Re: Error executing SQL Count query: when using a UX to edit a list control item.

I can add new columns, one at a time, to the underlying table. Next I can update the List control UX to show the new field. Then I can add the one more field to the detail/input UX. and all is well. When I try to add more than one column I get the SQL count query.
    Last edited by westridge; 09-25-2015 at 08:12 PM.

Real Name
    divaanddress

Default Re: Error executing SQL Count query: when using a UX to edit a list control item.

SOLUTION:

Through the process of elimination and healthy dose of persistence, the root cause was found. A date column was named "date_fully_exec." in a MySQL table.
    Only after renaming the column to "dateexecutedfully" and rebinding the components to the renamed column was the error eliminated.

Lesson Learned: DO NOT use the phrase/word "exec" as a part of your field names. With all that dynamic code running in Alpha, I suspect the parser got confused.

WOW, there are several hours of my life that I want back.

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    David Kates

Nice sleuthing... thanks for posting the results of your persistence. Never would have guessed that one. I understand what you mean, but... those exhausting hours are really valuable.

Real Name
    divaanddress

Quote Originally Posted by Davidk View Post
    Nice sleuthing... thanks for posting the results of your persistence. Never would have guessed that one. I understand what you mean, but... those exhausting hours are really valuable.
    Thank you for taking a look David.

Real Name
    divaanddress

Version used when issue encountered: Alpha Anywhere v.3.5 Build 2999 / add-in build 4915