Alpha DevCon 2018

Thread: Google Maps API Errors on Image Gallery (PhoneGap Build) - Latest Build 11th July 2016

Real Name
    B.Mann

Default Google Maps API Errors on Image Gallery (PhoneGap Build) - Latest Build 11th July 2016

Hi

Just trying to get Image Gallery working in PhoneGap. Unfortunately (just my luck) I am trying to get this going after the period Google switched to mandatory API keys. Working with yesterday's build that introduced API Key into Project Properties or Alpha's install directory.

Doesn't matter if I put my new Browser Google Maps API into the Alpha Project Properties or create a file called GoogleMapsAPIKey.txt and place it in Alpha's program install directory. My API key is valid and tested on a another external mapping test.

So I Get following errors: in Chrome Console

------
    util.js:208 Google Maps API warning: NoApiKeys https://developers.google.com/maps/d...es#no-api-keys

js?sensor=false&callback=CUSTCOMP1_CustObj._gmapsApiLoaded&_=1468299739270:35 Google Maps API error: MissingKeyMapError https://developers.google.com/maps/d...-key-map-error

----------
    I don't know if there is anything else to do on my side or if the new build from yesterday is correctly putting in the required statements below in its call(s)
    "https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?key=YOUR_API_KEY"

Any assistance appreciated. Alternatively AlphaSoftware - any chance of a full-end to end video of a phonegap example of image gallery working with new Google API.

Cheers
    Brian

Real Name
    B.Mann

Default Re: Google Maps API Errors on Image Gallery (PhoneGap Build) - Latest Build 11th July 2016

Further testing....Also tried Simple Map Control and got the same errors as the Image Gallery. So seems issue is with any component I have using google maps.

Cheers
    Brian

"Certified" Alphaholic peteconway's Avatar
    Real Name
    Peter Conway

Default Re: Google Maps API Errors on Image Gallery (PhoneGap Build) - Latest Build 11th July 2016

Start over - no issues here at all.
    Sample from Just now.
    2016-07-12_2020RealEstate06.png
    This is where my Key is in Web Projects Properties.
    2016-07-12_2149API.png
    That said - the Image Gallery is really getting old now - it may not work. (I use the list control for it these days).
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (attributed)
    US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)

Real Name
    Michael Doucet

I am having a similar issue. I have an api key to put in but the option in Project Properties is missing. I checked off the box to Include Google JSAPI library but the next option to enter the API key is missing. I have created a new blank project and created a UX control with a button that runs an Action JavaScript call to the Google Map Method (UX Component) but it also is missing the option in Project Properties. I am using the latest build (3670_4684). I surely must be missing something but it is not obvious. Any help is greatly appreciated.

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    David Kates

I believe the Google Maps API key property was introduced in the pre-release builds.

Real Name
    Michael Doucet

Thanks David. Any idea when the pre-release might be scheduled for full release?

"Certified" Alphaholic CharlesParker's Avatar
    Real Name
    Charles Parker

You may also want to login to your google API area and authorize your domain. The key will not work unless you do.
    Something like that! I use it and it is working fine.
    NWCOPRO Nuisance Wildlife Control Software-My Application: http://www.nwcopro.com OR my Developer Chat
    Disconnected apps are easy to understand. An internet-enabled app is like a long cat, you pull the tail on one device in New York and the cat meows in New Orleans. In the case of a disconnected app, there just isn't a cat and the meow is familiar.