Alpha DevCon 2018

Thread: Add 3 Photos to 3 different fields in table record

Real Name
    Denis Ahmet

Default Add 3 Photos to 3 different fields in table record

Hi,

Its been a while since I posted on this forum.

I am trying to add three different photos (jpg/png) to a record. I have created three fields within a table called PHOTO1, PHOTO2 and PHOTO3. On a dialog I wish to have the three fields with a upload button by each allowing a user to upload up to three photos. Then I want to display the record within a grid showing the three photos.

I did refer to the A5v9 help file, but that did not do what I wanted.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks.

Denis

"Certified" Alphaholic CharlesParker's Avatar
    Real Name
    Charles Parker

Default Re: Add 3 Photos to 3 different fields in table record

There's a bunch of additional questions that should be answered before anyone can really guide you. It is a fairly simple thing to create a control to upload and display an image in a UX. There are videos you can find in the video library for that , secondly displaying the images is fairly straight forward as well.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OzhPD0DvPhY

I hope that helps in some way.

Now, I am wondering how your going to filter them. Are these 3 images to only be displayed to a certain user, a certain user group, or just the ONLY one user of the application? Creating a list to display the images, in another panel is again not too difficult unless your absolutely new to Alpha - if you are no worries you will get it. Just watch the videos on the list control and panel layouts, there are separate videos for each and pretty easy to follow. Once you get that you may have all kinds of ideas for how you want things to look - good luck and happy coding!
    I see that you have over 900 posts, so you can't be too new to Alpha, and I hope my answer doesn't insult your intelligence if your already familiar with what I suggested and yet you have an entirely different issue.
    NWCOPRO Nuisance Wildlife Control Software-My Application: http://www.nwcopro.com OR my Developer Chat
    Disconnected apps are easy to understand. An internet-enabled app is like a long cat, you pull the tail on one device in New York and the cat meows in New Orleans. In the case of a disconnected app, there just isn't a cat and the meow is familiar.

Real Name
    Denis Ahmet

Default Re: Add 3 Photos to 3 different fields in table record

thank you