Get a Jumpstart with our Sample Apps

Thread: Formview: How do you define the settings for a pre-defined list control when using JS method for specifying editorSet/editor?

Real Name
    Maroine A.

Default Formview: How do you define the settings for a pre-defined list control when using JS method for specifying editorSet/editor?

Hi,

I receive this error: "You have not specified the Editor Set for this field" when I double click on the Editor Configuration Genie after setting in one of the formview fields that the method for specifying Editor set/Editor is Javascript, although I do in fact return in the javascript code which editor set / editor to be used depending on a specific value in the form.

Basically the goal is to configure the editor configuration genie in the formview for the pre-defined list editor in order to have it set up in a way that allows the use of client side data cache. Now I am able to do that if I set a field to specifically use that list editor, not in the case of javascript method for defining editor set/editor.

Here is the settings object that I need it available to the pre-defined list editor by using the javascript method for specifying the editor set/editor:

Code:
    settings: {helpText: '',title: '',__genieSettings: {"showHelp": true,"showEditorTitle": true,"showTitle": false,"dataSourceType": "Client-side Data Cache","clientSideDataCacheItem": "choices","columnsFromDataToShowInList": "Choice","filterChoices": true,"returnValue": "Choice","allowMultipleSelections": false,"updateFormOnListItemClick": true,"saveButtonLabel": "<Default>","cancelButtonLabel": "<Default>","hideCancelButton": true,"filterExpression": "data.State == '{formData.State}'"} }
    For more information please refer to "Introducing the built-in list control editor" videos more precisely video # 2 & also refer to "Dynamically setting the editor and editor set using javascript" video.

Thank you

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    David Kates

Default Re: Formview: How do you define the settings for a pre-defined list control when using JS method for specifying editorSet/edi

This is working for me.

I think your "settings" code is not quite right. You're replacing the entire "settings" Object... but you're not allowed to do that. You are, in effect, wiping out the FormView Object that is inside the settings object.

You're allowed to alter:

settings.helpText
    settings.title
    settings.__genieSettings

So, let's say you're already happy with helpText and title. If you only want to affect the __genieSettings... then your code would be...

Code:
    settings.__genieSettings = {"showHelp": true,"showEditorTitle": true,"showTitle": false,"dataSourceType": "Client-side Data Cache","clientSideDataCacheItem": "choices","columnsFromDataToShowInList": "Choice","filterChoices": true,"returnValue": "Choice","allowMultipleSelections": false,"updateFormOnListItemClick": true,"saveButtonLabel": "<Default>","cancelButtonLabel": "<Default>","hideCancelButton": true,"filterExpression": "data.State == '{formData.State}'"}

return ['EDITORSET_1','EDITOR_2'];

Real Name
    Maroine A.

Default Re: Formview: How do you define the settings for a pre-defined list control when using JS method for specifying editorSet/edi

Thanks David, that did it. you right, I only need to set the _genieSettings for the pre-defined list editor inside the conditional javascript code. I tested it and it's working.

When clicked, the list from the data cache is showing. I still have to play around with client side data cache and storage to be able to get only the filtered list data that is associated with the forms for that user...