Alpha DevCon 2018

Thread: Images

Real Name
    John Burt

Default Images

When I publish my A5 web pages, I can see all of A5 components but I cant see any of my banners or graphics, just red boxes. I drop the gif's in the preview and publish folders and stiil do not see the images. I appreciate your help.

Real Name
    Steve Wood

Default Re: Images

If you are copying/publishing your images to the correct folder (you can see them in the publish folder right along with your A5W pages, etc.), then perhaps the link to your images is not 'relative'. Right-click on the image and select properties. If the full URL to the image is not pointing to the proper location, then perhaps you have hardcoded that the image is on a particular computer (e.g.: c:\mypc\images\image.gif).
    Steve Wood
    Join the ALPHA DEVELOPERS NETWORK
    There is no Cloud. It's just someone else's computer.
    Web - Mobile - Hosting - Products - Frameworks - Developer Resources
    AlphaToGo | IADN (100% Alpha Anywhere Websites)

Real Name
    John Burt

I do not have an option to view properties or options of my gif's in A5 ( seems wierd to me), on right click, I only get an option for page properties. On my tool bar under format I have a properties link, but it does not launch when I have a gif highlighted in the html editor. However in windows file exlporer a right click on the file, I see the path of the gif as C:\A5Webroot\consumer\secure, thats the same place my A5 pages are. So I do not know what to do from there. I still cannot see gifs in my IE explorer when I publish (though I see the graphics in the A5 html editor). I have tried all graphic file formats and had the same problem on several computers.

Real Name
    Steve Wood

I meant right-click/properties on the red X in your browser, not in A5. Just like right-clicking on my "Go" logo to the right of this post. What is the URL in properties.

But lets take a different path - if you insert an image and then publish properly, then there is no way you should have a problem. You insert an image by clicking Insert > Image and selecting an image from the list. You publish individually by selecting Images (on the list that goes from A5W Pages to All Files), right click on the image and select Publish, and publish to the right location. Is that the process you used, or some other method?
    Steve Wood
    Join the ALPHA DEVELOPERS NETWORK
    There is no Cloud. It's just someone else's computer.
    Web - Mobile - Hosting - Products - Frameworks - Developer Resources
    AlphaToGo | IADN (100% Alpha Anywhere Websites)

Real Name
    John Burt

You were completely right. I right clicked on the red box in my IE and the path went to the "live preview" folder on my C. The gifs made it to the publish file but never to the live preview folder. I dropped gif copies in the live preview and it works perfectly. Thanks so much for solving three days of frustration.

Real Name
    rickeybojey

I've encountered something like this before but I ignored it thinking what a waste of time it would be. But this was able to enlighten me at some point. Thanks.