Alpha DevCon 2018

Thread: Error expanding Grid Part template: Not found controlDef not found.

Real Name
    John Berry

Default Error expanding Grid Part template: Not found controlDef not found.

I created a very simple searchable/updateable grid (No Detail View part). I included the primary key and initially left all fields visible, did a Working Preview and it worked fine. I went back to design mode and changed the Primary Key field to Hidden, did Working Preview, and now I get the error

Error expanding Grid Part template: Not found
    controlDef not found.

If I go back and unhide that field it works, go back to hide it and get the error again. Anyone ran into this or/and know how to fix it?

Thanks
    -John

Real Name
    John Berry

Default Re: Error expanding Grid Part template: Not found controlDef not found.

Please ignore. I'm an idiot. There were spaces in the field names and that screwed it up. Removed the spaces and all is fine.

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    Scott

You are not an idiot - Ive ran into this same issue. It can happen for a wide variety of reasons.

Mine:
    I was dynamically hiding a column and the excel feature pack didnt like that.
    I was getting the controlDef not found.
    Scott Moniz - Computer Programmer/Analyst
    REA Inc.
    http://reainc.net
    (416)-533-3777
    scott@reainc.net

REA INC offers consulting services, programming services, systems design, database design, third party payment gateway integration (CHASE, PAYPAL, AUTHORIZE.NET) and developer support.
    If you need custom code, or 1-to-1 mentoring in any facet of your database/web application design,
    contact us to discuss options.

Real Name
    Samee

please remove row number and LogicalRecNo from detail view , so that the issue will resolve