Alpha Anywhere is increasingly being adopted by SaaS entrepreneurs for its rapid SaaS application development capabilities
Entrepreneurship in the US is Growing FastEntrepreneurship in the United States is experiencing high growth, according to the Global Entrepreneurship Monitor (GEM) U.S. Report issued by Babson and Baruch Colleges. With 12.3% of the U.S. adult population engaged in entrepreneurial activity, the U.S. experienced a 60+% increase in total entrepreneurial activity (TEA) from 2010 to 2011, matching the TEA level recorded in 2005. According to the Report, more than 29 million U.S. adults (18-64 years old) were running or starting new businesses in 2011. Moreover, nearly 40% of these entrepreneurs expected to create more than five new jobs in the next five years. According to the report, "the entrepreneurship rate was pulled up primarily by those starting businesses to pursue promising opportunities–a strong sign of entrepreneurial activity occurring as a result of optimism, not desperation.” To access the full Report, visit the Babson Global Entrepreneurship Monitor Report Web page.
SaaS Application Development for Entrepreneurs: How to Prototype, Build, and Deploy FastThe SaaS (Software as a Service) business model is turning out to be very attractive to entrepreneurs with domain knowledge or to entrepreneurs who simply have a great idea that they want to turn into a business. The next question entrepreneurs face is, "How am I going to prototype, build and deploy my application in the fastest, most cost effective and most update-able fashion?" This is where Alpha Anywhere comes into the picture and it's why we're seeing so many entrepreneurs adopting the platform. They tell us that it's because Alpha Anywhere is a complete end-to-end environment (including front- and back-end development) for rapidly prototyping, developing, and deploying enterprise-level, cross-platform mobile and web business applications. More specifically the attractiveness of Alpha Anywhere stems from 5 key factors:
- Its "coding optional" approach appeals to all levels of developers: those who want the speed and ease of a RAD (Rapid Application Development) environment and those who want the ability to code on both the back-end and the front-end as needed.
- The result is development speeds that are 5-10 times faster than products that require coding for many of the things that Alpha Anywhere does for the developer.
- The Alpha Anywhere environment is complete and includes built-in reporting, business charting, scheduling, data-mapping, e-forms and advanced media handling.
- Alpha Anywhere SaaS applications are very scalable with licensing that is both transparent and affordable.
- Because of its rapid application modification capabilities, customers are able to achieve low ongoing operational costs.
eTruckBiz: Responsive SaaS App for the Trucking Industry Created in Alpha AnywhereOne example of a SaaS application built quickly in Alpha Anywhere is eTruckBiz. eTruckBiz provides comprehensive support for businesses in the trucking industry, and runs seamlessly on desktop PCs, the web and mobile devices—regardless of platform—all from a single codebase. Some of the key features of eTruckBiz are:
- Dispatch: Easy Trip Information Management, Mobile Trip Entry, IFTA Miles, Invoices, Real-Time Profit / Loss, Operating Ratio, and more...
- Human Resources: Driver Recruiting, Employment Applications, Business Discussions, Reviews, DOT Files, Employee Information Management
- Safety & Regulation: Effortless online safety programs that raise awareness and create mandated documentation. Powerful accountability tools
- Maintenance: Track PM's, Costs, Inspections, Documents, Financing, Part Numbers, Receipts, Productivity and more...
More on SaaS application development in Alpha Anywhere
- PetSitClick: Petcare Industry SaaS app names Alpha Anywhere "Best of Breed." Read more.
- Alpha Anywhere SaaS application scaling and hosting costs Read more.
- New: Wrap your SaaS mobile apps with PhoneGap in minutes using Alpha Anywhere's new PhoneGap Build integration. Ensure that the mobile parts of your apps can be downloaded from app stores and can tap into the full range of hardware on mobile devices. For more information on PhoneGap Build integration click here.
- Asbestos removal management software click here
- More examples of SaaS application built in Alpha Anywhere can be found at our Case Studies page.