The UX Component is one of the basic building blocks for Alpha Anywhere applications. It is generally the main component for creating mobile apps.
- Introducing the UX Component
- The UX Component is one of the basic building blocks for Alpha Anywhere applications. It is generally the main component for creating mobile apps.
- UX Controls
- Welcome to the UX Controls Page! The UX component contains a large number of different types of controls. Each of these controls comes with its own advantages as well as its own sets of properties. Some of these properties are shared across controls while others are specific to a given control type. This page contains links to the different groups of controls available in Alpha Anywhere as well as a link the Control Properties pages. If you are looking for guides on how to assemble working controls, populate controls with data, or see what a given property in a control's Properties list then this is a good place to start.
- UX Properties
- The UX component contains the following types of properties:
- Data Binding
- Create new tables with fields that match the controls on your UX Component, or bind the controls in your UX Component to fields in existing tables. The Data Binding page lets you bind an entire UX component to new or existing SQL or DBF tables in a database and then assign controls to fields in those table accordingly.
- Whenever a control or some other feature is added to a UX component it usually comes with some event handles. Events are simply a way of specifying where you want some action or bit of code to run in an application, whether on the server-side or the client-side. It is easy to tie actions and/or custom code to an event in the UX Component on both the Client-Side Events and Server-Side Events pages. Simply highlight the event in the list on the right and then define what happens in during that event in the workspace on the left.
- Genies for the UX Component
- In this article, we'll see how Alpha Anywhere can write data binding code. In Server-side Action Scripting, we see how Alpha Anywhere can generate other server-side actions.
- UX Component - Videos
- Over 40 videos describing how to create, manipulate, and improve a UX component.