- How to avoid write conflicts on datetime fields
If you choose a date/time format that does not include seconds for a grid text field, but store seconds in the DATETIME field in your database, you can encounter write conflicts if the stored values have non-zero seconds. For example, you might choose this as your date/time format:
- How to Base a Grid on a Stored Procedure
The Grid component does not allow you to base a Grid on a stored procedure prior to V11. You must specify a SQL Select statement. You can however work around this limitation to a limited degree if your Grid is readonly.
- How to Call a UX Component from a Grid and Pass Information from the UX Component Back into the Grid
Steps and examples on how to do this are described in this page.
- How to Collapse a Group in a Grid Component
Group breaks are a useful way to organize records in a Grid Component. You can add special directives that enable a user to expand or collapse records in a group in a Grid component.
- How to Create a Grid with a Form Layout
Records in a Grid component can be configured to display as "forms", similar to the type of layouts you can create in the UX Component.
- How to Define Dynamic Content for a Tab/Accordion Control Pane
- How to Disable Grid Input Controls when Update is not Allowed for the Current User
In a Grid component if you have the Security Framework enabled and the user does not have permission to update data, the input controls are still enabled even though the user will not be able to save any edits. It might be desirable to disable input controls when the user does not have update permission.
- How to Display a Fade Out Message When a Record is Saved
- How to Display a Three State Checkbox on a Grid Component
Logical values stored in a database can have three states: true, false, or NULL. Representing these three values can be done using checkboxes.
- Displaying Images from a Table
A field in a table may contain an image or the file location of an image (an image reference field). This example shows how to display these two types of images.
- How to Dynamically Show "Add Records" Link
- How to Export Selected Records to Excel in a Grid Component with a Checkbox Selector
Individual rows in a Grid Component can be exported to an Excel file using the Checkbox Selector Column to filter the Grid Component before performing the export.
- How to Export Records in a Grid Component to Excel or Ascii
- How to Filter a Grid on the Selected Rows in a List Control
Argument arrays, combined with the SQL IN clause, are a powerful way to filter records shown in a Grid component.
- How to Override Grid Component Settings in an .a5w page or OnGridExecute event
Properties of the Grid Component can be overridden at run-time when the Grid is being loaded on an .a5w page or in the Grid Component's onGridExecute server-side event.
- How to Import Data from an Excel or Ascii File into a Grid Component
Data in an Excel file or comma delimited Ascii file can be imported into a Grid Component based on a table in a database.
- How to Put Up a Wait Dialog While The Grid is Performing an Ajax Callback
If you Grid does a callback that takes some time (e.g. searching a large database), you might want to put up a custom 'working...' message.
- How to Set Default Component Property Values for a Grid
The default values for new Grid components can be configured. This is particularly useful if you are developing many Grid components that need to suppport multiple languages or are always making the same set of changes to every new Grid Component.
- How to Use Custom Controls in a Grid Component
This topic discusses an advanced use of a Custom Control in a Grid component.