Search a Grid Component that is Embedded into a UX component
Create a highly customized 'Search Part' for a Grid. Allows you to submit a UX component that contains 'search' fields to compute a filter expression and then filter a Grid component that has been embedded into the UX component.
Used with the UX component.
- Embedded Grid name
- Specify the name of the embedded Grid you want to execute a search on. Choices include.
- Component alias name
- Define search fields
- Specify the controls on the Dialog that will be used to compute the Filter to apply to the embedded Grid.
- Filter type
- Specify the filter type. In most cases, you UserFilter will be appropriate. This is the same type of filter that the Search Part in a Grid would apply. The 'BaseFilter' option applies the filter as a 'base filter' which means that the user can't remove the filter by clicking a 'Clear filter' button in the Grid. Choices include UserFilter, BaseFilter.
- Combine multiple search conditions with
- If the user defines a search on more than one field, combine the search criteria with either an AND or OR keyword. Choices include AND, OR.
- Controls to clear
- Specify the controls on the Dialog that should be cleared. (These are the controls were the user entered the search criteria).