Troubleshooting & FAQ
Find solutions to frequently asked questions, tips for troubleshooting issues, and more.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- List of frequently asked questions
- Component Help Topics
- Troubleshooting issues with Components, including issues with controls in components.
- Reports Help Topics
- Troubleshooting Issues with Reports.
- Application Server Help Topics
- Troubleshooting topics for the Application Server.
- Debugging Node.js Errors
- If a node service fails, you may receive a JSON object with the message "node stopped working" from your Node service. This error indicates that the Node.js server has crashed. You can debug these errors using Helper functions designed for diagnosing Node failures.
- Installing an Alpha Anywhere Hotfix
- Instructions for installing a hotfix.
- Troubleshooting Databases
- Information on commonly encountered issues when working with databases in Alpha Anywhere applications.
- Tips for debugging installations and applications built with Alpha Anywhere.
- Startup Log
- When Alpha Anywhere starts up, a log can be created used to troubleshoot startup and workspace loading issues. If technical support is required from Alpha Software, the technician may request this file.
- Stripe API returns Cannot find module 'stripe'
- Manually fix stripe module not getting installed.
- Upgrade Topics for Porting Older Applications to Alpha Anywhere
- Changes were made to the Alpha Anywhere framework that affect some legacy applications. These articles list important changes made that change how applications are developed with Alpha Anywhere.
- Fix window opening off screen
- When a dialog is drawn off screen, the user can move it back onto the viewable area as follows.