- How to Call a UX Component from a Grid and Pass Information from the UX Component Back into the Grid
- /documentation/pages/HowTo/Grid/Calling a UX Component from a Grid and Pass Information from the Dialog Back to the Grid.xmlSteps and examples on how to do this are described in this page.
- Grid Component - Opening a UX from a Button on a Grid and Passing Information Into the UX
- Passing a Record from a Grid to a Dialog
- /documentation/pages/Server/Guide/Design/View/Grid/Passing a Record from a Grid to a Dialog.xmlWeb publishing applications only. The problem is the following. You have selected a record in a grid and now want to display it in a separate page containing dialog component. The solution to the problem lies in the fact that you can set default values for a dialog component's variables in the URL of the page that loads the dialog.
- Open a Grid component
- How to Programmatically Enable and Disable Buttons
- /documentation/pages/HowTo/Other/Programmatically Enable and Disable Buttons.xmlButtons in a UX component can be enabled and disbled using the button object's *[js:setDisabled()]* method.
- Exporting a Table to the Back-End
- /documentation/pages/Guides/Desktop/Design/Data/SQL/Exporting a Table to the Back-End.xmlThis example will show how to export the Alpha Anywhere AlphaSports customer table to the Access AlphaSports database.
- How to Put Up a Wait Dialog While The Grid is Performing an Ajax Callback
- /documentation/pages/HowTo/Grid/Putting Up a Wait Dialog While The Grid is Performing an Ajax Callback.xml
If you Grid does a callback that takes some time (e.g. searching a large database), you might want to put up a custom 'working...' message.
This example shows how you can do this for a search, but there are client side events that would enable you to put up custom messages for many different types of actions, including sorting, page navigation, saving data, etc.
Put this in the [canSearchSubmit] event
- Creating a Table and Exporting Selected Records to the Back-End
- /documentation/pages/Guides/Desktop/Design/Data/SQL/Creating a Table and Exporting Selected Records to the Back-End.xmlThe following script selects records from the Alpha Sports customer.dbf table and writes them to a new table named "CustomerX" in the Access AlphaSport.mdb database.
- How to Import Data from an Excel or Ascii File into a Grid Component
- /documentation/pages/HowTo/Grid/Import Excel or Ascii to Grid.xmlData in an Excel file or comma delimited Ascii file can be imported into a Grid Component based on a table in a database.
- How to Programmatically Set the Min and Max Value for a Slider Control
- /documentation/pages/HowTo/UX/Change Slider Min Max Values.xmlThe minimum and maximum value for a two-value Slider Control can be set programmatically at run-time.