- Open a Grid component
Opens a grid component in a pop-up window, or in a DIV on the current page.
This requires first defining a grid component.
- Overriding GridLinker Component Settings
/documentation/pages/Obsolete/Grid Linker Component/Overriding GridLinker Component Settings.xml
Overriding settings a GridLinker component at run-time is not as simple as it is for a grid or dialog component. This is because a lot of the code that executes is hidden inside the definition of the GridLinker component. Nevertheless, once you understand more about what goes on inside the GridLinker component, it is not hard to do.
The first step is to make sure you know what the aliases are for each of the grid components in the GridLinker. To find the names of the aliases:
- Grid Component - Opening a UX from a Button on a Grid and Passing Information Into the UX
/documentation/pages/Server/Guide/Design/View/Grid/Opening a UX from a Button on a Grid and Passing Information Into the UX.xml
- Create Grid Component From Meta Data File
/documentation/pages/Guides/Workspaces/Web Project Control Panel/create grid from metadata file.xml
Generate a Grid component from a Grid Meta Data File.
- How to Call a UX Component from a Grid and Pass Information from the UX Component Back into the Grid
/documentation/pages/HowTo/Grid/Calling a UX Component from a Grid and Pass Information from the Dialog Back to the Grid.xml
Steps and examples on how to do this are described in this page.
- Single Parent Style GridLinker Component
/documentation/pages/Obsolete/Grid Linker Component/Single Parent Style GridLinker Component.xml
The gridlinker has been deprecated.
- How to Export Records in a Grid Component to Excel or Ascii
/documentation/pages/HowTo/Grid/Export Grid to Excel or Ascii.xml
- Search a Grid Component that is Embedded into a UX component
Create a highly customized 'Search Part' for a Grid. Allows you to submit a UX component that
contains 'search' fields to compute a filter expression and then filter a Grid component that has been embedded into the UX component.
- How to Export Selected Records to Excel in a Grid Component with a Checkbox Selector
/documentation/pages/HowTo/Grid/Export Checked Records to Excel.xml
Individual rows in a Grid Component can be exported to an Excel file using the Checkbox Selector Column to filter the Grid Component before performing the export.
- How to Set Default Component Property Values for a Grid
/documentation/pages/HowTo/Grid/Setting Default Property Values.xml
The default values for new Grid components can be configured. This is particularly useful if you are developing many Grid components that need to suppport multiple languages or are always making the same set of changes to every new Grid Component.