- How to Import Data from an Excel or Ascii File into a Grid Component
- /documentation/pages/HowTo/Grid/Import Excel or Ascii to Grid.xmlData in an Excel file or comma delimited Ascii file can be imported into a Grid Component based on a table in a database.
- How to Put Up a Wait Dialog While The Grid is Performing an Ajax Callback
- /documentation/pages/HowTo/Grid/Putting Up a Wait Dialog While The Grid is Performing an Ajax Callback.xml
If you Grid does a callback that takes some time (e.g. searching a large database), you might want to put up a custom 'working...' message.
This example shows how you can do this for a search, but there are client side events that would enable you to put up custom messages for many different types of actions, including sorting, page navigation, saving data, etc.
Put this in the [canSearchSubmit] event
- How to Set Default Component Property Values for a Grid
- /documentation/pages/HowTo/Grid/Setting Default Property Values.xmlThe default values for new Grid components can be configured. This is particularly useful if you are developing many Grid components that need to suppport multiple languages or are always making the same set of changes to every new Grid Component.
- Web Grid Alternate Views
- /documentation/pages/Server/Guide/Design/View/Grid/Web Grid/Web Grid Alternate Views.xmlThe tabular and columnar views of a grid can convey a lot of information, but the human eye is much more sensitive to shapes and colors than it is to variations text. With an alternate view of a grid, you can display the same information in a way that grabs the user. If it's geographic information, the best display might be a map. If it's scheduling information, the best display might be a calendar. Note that an Alternate view displays the same number of rows as its associated grid. This is in contrast to a Linked component or a component in a Row Expander, both of which display data linked to or contained in the current row. When using alternate views, it is important to understand that the alternate view and the main view are given the same data. If your grid has a filter, it will also apply to the alternate view. If your grid is displaying 10 records on a page, the alternate view will display the same 10 records. To enable Alternate Views, check "Has Alternate Views" in the grid properties.
- How to Export Records in a Grid Component to Excel or Ascii
- How to Display a Three State Checkbox on a Grid Component
- /documentation/pages/HowTo/Grid/Display Three State Checkbox.xmlLogical values stored in a database can have three states: true, false, or NULL. Representing these three values can be done using checkboxes.
- Customize Grid toolbar template
- /documentation/pages/Guides/Mobile and Web Components/Grid/Grid Properties/Record Navigator and Grid Toolbar/Customize Grid toolbar template.xmlThe Grid has always allowed you to customize the layout of the record navigator, but now, you can customize the entire Grid Toolbar and you can add your own custom buttons to perform actions that you define.
- Additional Grid styles
- /documentation/pages/Guides/Mobile and Web Components/Grid/Grid Properties/Miscellaneous/additionalgridstyles.xmlSpecify if any other Grid styles (in addition to the primary style for the Grid) must be included. Enter a comma delimited list of style names.
- Filtering a Grid with a Grid Selection
- /documentation/pages/Guides/Mobile and Web Components/Grid/Introducing the Grid Builder/Tutorials/Filtering/Filtering a Grid with a Grid Selection.xmlHow to to call a filtered grid from another grid.