- Using the Pop-up Event Editor
- /documentation/pages/Guides/Desktop/Design/Platform/Xbasic Action Scripting/Introduction/Using the Pop-up Event Editor.xmlThe pop-up event editor provides a quick way to see what events are available for an object.
- How to Specify an Alternate Configuration File for the Alpha Anywhere Standard Application Server
- /documentation/pages/HowTo/Application_Server/Specify an Alternate Configuration File for the Application Server.xmlThe Application Server allows for an alternate configuration file to be specified. This is done through the use of a command line option, CONFIGFILE. For example, to launch the Application Server using a configuration file named TestConfig.xml in the root of the server's C drive:
- Form Editor Control Library
- /documentation/pages/Guides/Desktop/Design/View/Form/Form Editor Control Library.xmlWhen you are editing a Layout (e.g. Form, Report, etc.), you can select one or more controls and then place them in a 'Control Library' on the Toolbox. Controls in the Control Library can be placed on any Layout. This video shows how you can add controls to the Control Library, and then use controls that you previously added to the Control Library.
- How to Put Up a Wait Dialog While The Grid is Performing an Ajax Callback
- /documentation/pages/HowTo/Grid/Putting Up a Wait Dialog While The Grid is Performing an Ajax Callback.xml
If you Grid does a callback that takes some time (e.g. searching a large database), you might want to put up a custom 'working...' message.
This example shows how you can do this for a search, but there are client side events that would enable you to put up custom messages for many different types of actions, including sorting, page navigation, saving data, etc.
Put this in the [canSearchSubmit] event
- How to Change the Background Image for a Panel Card at Run-time
- /documentation/pages/HowTo/Panels/Change Panel Background.xmlThe background image for a Panel Card can be changed dynamically at run-time.
- How to Locate the Application Server configuration file being used by the current instance of Alpha
- /documentation/pages/HowTo/Application_Server/How to determine the location of the Application Server configuration file being used by the current instance of Alpha.xmlAlpha Anywhere and the Application Server each store server settings in a configuration file on the computer's hard drive. The location of the file being used by an instance of Alpha Anywhere or the Application Server can be determined using the function *[xb:a5_GetAppServerConfigFile()]*. For example:
- Select a Report to Print
- /documentation/pages/Guides/Report/Generating Reports/Select a Report to Print.xmlThe following Xdialog box provides a convenient list of available reports to print.
- How to Populate a Dropdown Box Using the Client-side Data Cache in PhoneGap Applications
- /documentation/pages/HowTo/UX/Populating Dropdown From Data Cache.xmlDropdown boxes can be populated with data from the Client-side data cache at run-time.
- How to Test Connection Strings on the Application Server
- /documentation/pages/GettingStarted/GettingStartedTutorials/Basic Tutorials/Connection String Genie.xmlNamed AlphaDAO connection strings must be defined relative to the server in a publishing profile. The Application Server's Connection String Builder Genie can be used to create and test published connection strings. Connection strings can then be copied to the publishing profile in the Alpha Anywhere Development Environment.
- How to Extract the Value from a URI Query String
- /documentation/pages/HowTo/Other/Get Value From Query String.xml