- How to Install Multiple Versions of the Alpha Anywhere Application Server for IIS
/documentation/pages/HowTo/IIS/Install Multiple Versions.xml
Multiple version of the Application Server for IIS can be installed on one system for a single license. This allows you to test new releases or deploy multiple applications running on different versions of Alpha Anywhere.
- Running Multiple Instances of the Alpha Anywhere Application Server
/documentation/pages/Guides/Application Server/Running Multiple Instances of the Alpha Anywhere Application Server.xml
Step by step instructions for running multiple instances of the application server:
- Application Server Help Pages
/documentation/pages/Index/Application Server Help Pages.xml
Page links relating to the Application Server.
- How to Locate the Application Server configuration file being used by the current instance of Alpha
/documentation/pages/HowTo/Application_Server/How to determine the location of the Application Server configuration file being used by the current instance of Alpha.xml
Alpha Anywhere and the Application Server each store server settings in a configuration file on the computer's hard drive. The location of the file being used by an instance of Alpha Anywhere or the Application Server can be determined using the function *[xb:a5_GetAppServerConfigFile()]*. For example:
- How to Specify an Alternate Configuration File for the Alpha Anywhere Standard Application Server
/documentation/pages/HowTo/Application_Server/Specify an Alternate Configuration File for the Application Server.xml
The Application Server allows for an alternate configuration file to be specified. This is done through the use of a command line option, CONFIGFILE. For example, to launch the Application Server using a configuration file named TestConfig.xml in the root of the server's C drive:
- Moving an Access Application to the Web with Alpha Five
/documentation/pages/Server/Guide/Design/View/Database/Access to Alpha.xml
In this white paper, you will learn how to move a Microsoft Access desktop application to the Web with Alpha Five. You'll see how easy it can be, and when you're done you'll understand the process well enough to undertake it yourself.
- Alpha Five V11 Help Pages
/documentation/pages/Index/Alpha Five V11 Help Pages.xml
Improvements from Alpha Five V11.
- Using a Systray Caption to differentiate multiple server instances
/documentation/pages/Guides/Application Server/Using a Systray Caption to differentiate multiple server instances.xml
The Application Server creates an icon in the Windows Systray to access the Control Panel and indicate the server's state. Each icon is visually identical when running multiple instances of the Application Server, so it becomes difficult to associate each icon with the correct server instance.
- How to Determine the current Alpha Anywhere server version
/documentation/pages/HowTo/Application_Server/How to determine the current Alpha Anywhere server version.xml
In an A5W page, insert this code to display the version:
- How to Publish an Alpha Anywhere Application to a Server on the Local Area Network (LAN)
A step-by-step guide to configuring a publishing profile to publish your Alpha Anywhere Application to a server on the Local Area Network (LAN) that is running the Alpha Anywhere Application Server.