ALPHA SOFTWARE DELIVERS OFFLINE CAPABLE RAPID MOBILE APP DEVELOPMENT AND DEPLOYMENT WITH NO LIMITS TO THE ENTERPRISE
Developers’ Top-Rated Rapid Web and Mobile App Development Platform Boosts Performance, Security, Data Integration and UX Capabilities, While Expanding Low-Code Capabilities
December 6, 2016 BURLINGTON, Mass. —(Business Wire)
Alpha Software Corporation, accelerating how developers build and deploy mobile and web business apps, today announced the availability of Alpha Anywhere 4.3. Version 4.3 release adds enhancements that significantly cut development time and shortens time to deployment. It includes innovative capabilities for building UX experiences quickly, enhanced security, expanded data integration capabilities and more. Alpha Anywhere remains the industry’s most favorably reviewed rapid mobile app development platform by developers, and the winner of the InfoWorld 2016 Technology of the Year.
Alpha Anywhere has a coding-optional approach that empowers both experienced developers and line of business professionals to speed the development and deployment of sophisticated web and mobile business apps with no limitations. Resulting apps offer full access to mobile hardware and native-quality user experiences. Customers are able to develop and deliver secure and sophisticated enterprise apps with robust offline capability, mobile optimized forms and rich media support in days or weeks.
“With Alpha Anywhere I was able to build a sophisticated mobile app in only four days for capturing maintenance information on offshore [oil] platforms,” said Thomas Guth, independent developer for a top 5 offshore drilling company. “No other tool would have let me work that quickly and build such an easy-to-use app for both smartphones and tablets."
“In a .NET environment, it would have taken me six months to build everything. With other low-code products I would have had to sacrifice functionality. With Alpha Anywhere, I developed a fully functioning, rich mobile and web app in just a month,” said Daniel Santucci, Division Pricing Director for Goodman Manufacturing/Dakin.
New capabilities in Alpha Anywhere 4.3 include:
- Expanded Data Integration – Two new lightweight database engines are auto-installed with 4.3: REDIS, a very popular database for storing name/value pairs, working with queues and many other use cases; and SQL Server LocalDB, which allows developers to utilize an enterprise-grade SQL database, even if they don't have access to a SQL database of their own.
- Deployment Features – Version 4.3 speeds application delivery with two new ways to test and deploy apps, while maintaining Alpha Anywhere’s market lead in robust offline capabilities:
- The new PhoneGap shell allows developers to load UX components for testing without the need to rewrap the component in PhoneGap. By using this method, developers save significant time usually required to rewrap the app, downloading it to a mobile device and install it.
- The Application Cache (an HTML5 feature widely supported by various browsers) allows you to build web apps that are loaded into the browser and can continue to function even if an Internet connection is lost.
- Enhanced Security - Along with the built-in Alpha Anywhere security framework, version 4.3 now includes TSL/SSL Drivers for SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, MariaDB as well as other platforms, to encrypt/decrypt between the server-based application layer and the backend SQL database. This is ideal if you are hosting the application server and database server in different data centers or clouds. In addition, Version 4.3 now supports HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) to protect against protocol downgrade attacks and cookie hijacking. With these upgrades, Alpha Anywhere scores an A+ rating with Qualys SSL Labs, an authority on Internet security.
For a full listing of the new features in Alpha Anywhere 4.3, visit: www.alphasoftware.com/release-features.asp. For an overview of the full Alpha Anywhere platform, visit: www.alphasoftware.com/mobile-app-development/.
“Alpha Anywhere’s unique coding optional approach gives customers the confidence that they will never hit the wall when building real-world applications rapidly,” said Alpha Software Corporation CEO, Richard Rabins. “The enhancements in Alpha Anywhere 4.3 take advantage of the latest mobile device capabilities while enabling development by people in business units and making developers extremely productive. This way we ensure that companies adopting Alpha Anywhere for mobile and web application development and delivery can take full advantage of the knowledge and skills that already exist in the people they already have.”
Alpha Anywhere 4.3 is now available and provided at no charge to current subscribers. Users new to Alpha Anywhere can get a free trial of Alpha Anywhere V4, as well as mentoring, training and service offerings at: www.alphasoftware.com.
About Alpha Software Corporation
Alpha Software products deliver significant productivity gains to developers of all levels building cross-platform mobile and web business apps.
Alpha Anywhere is a front-end and back-end, low-code, rapid mobile application development and deployment environment. Alpha Anywhere applications
showcase built-in offline capability, easy integration with existing data and applications, and advanced security. Developers and business leaders
in thousands of organizations across one hundred countries have used Alpha Software products to cost-effectively deploy enterprise applications
with outstanding user experiences.
For more information, visit www.AlphaSoftware.com
, or follow us on Twitter at @AlphaSoftware
Alpha Software is a registered trademark of Alpha Software Corporation. All other product and company names and marks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners.
Alpha Software Press Contact