Alpha Software Ends Record Year Poised For Substantial Growth Amid 2016 Mobile Enterprise App Explosion
Company Reports Strong 2H 2015 Growth and Rising Demand for RMAD in the Enterprise
January 25, 2016 BURLINGTON, Mass. —
Alpha Software Corporation
accelerating how developers build and deploy mobile and web business apps, reported record demand for its Alpha Anywhere™ mobile and
web application development and deployment environment in 2015. The company recorded a 50 percent increase in adoption since Q2 2015 by Global 2000 companies.
In addition, average customer value (ACV) doubled quarter over quarter, and the company continues to achieve a 30 percent growth rate in revenue, quarter over quarter.
In 2015, Alpha Software gained over 1,000 new customers in a range of industries, including financial services, construction, manufacturing, energy, healthcare, government and education. Companies who selected Alpha Anywhere for their mobile initiatives included:
- Bradshaw International
- G&F Financial Group
- Colonial Insurance
- The HALO Trust
- MedStar Health
- Motorola, Inc.
- Weatherford International
"Forrester reports that the CIO who fails in mobile will lose his job.1 Gartner predicts an app explosion within enterprises2," said Alpha Software’s Chief Executive Officer, Richard Rabins.
"With this landscape ahead and a record year behind us, Alpha Software is poised for serious growth with an expanding customer base, growing industry recognition, new partnerships,
and a superior product for creating enterprise-level mobile and web applications. Customers need more than simple responsive web apps. They want rich mobile apps that fully support
offline operation with flexible conflict resolution; offer total access to mobile hardware; and have faster, more innovative and more accurate ways to capture data for field workers."
Rabins added: "As enterprises look to support 2.5 billion standing workers with new mobile devices and powerful business apps, we expect to continue this upward trajectory in 2016."
As enterprise organizations in the system integrators and technology provider space look to speed development of secure, offline-capable mobile apps, they are turning to Alpha Software. New Alpha Software partners in Q4 included CloudMine, a major Master Data Management market leader, and four new system integrators.
Simultaneously, Alpha Software continues to receive industry recognition, including:
- An honorable mention in the July 2015 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Application Development Platforms.
- Mentioned in the RMAD category of Gartner’s September 2015 IT Market Clock for Mobile App Development, 2015. "RMAD tools help accelerate and scale mobile app delivery by enabling a wider range of mobile stakeholders, such as business analysts and marketing professionals, to build apps on their own, with little to no support from IT."
- Identification in the Low Code Platforms for Database Apps category by Forrester in their January 2015 report, Vendor Landscape: The Fractured, Fertile Terrain of Low-Code Application Platforms. Forrester states: "Of the five low-code platform segments, the products focused on database apps have the greatest potential to empower nondevelopers, given appropriate tooling." Report authors Clay Richardson and John R. Rymer also cite Alpha’s mobile forms technology as being "strong."
- Recognition from Blue Hill Research Analyst, Tony Rizzo, who said in his blog: "Alpha Software may offer the very best in enterprise-grade rapid mobile app development platforms."
Always ahead of developer and end-user demand, Alpha Software released survey results in early 2016, which identified critical requirements for success in enterprise mobile app development. The full report, "Enterprise Developers Rank Critical Requirements for Success in the Coming Mobile App Explosion," is now available here.
To learn more about Alpha Software, please go to: www.alphasoftware.com.
About Alpha Software Corporation
Alpha Software products deliver significant productivity gains to developers of all levels building cross-platform mobile and web business apps. Alpha Anywhere is a front-end and back-end, low-code, rapid mobile application development and deployment environment. Alpha Anywhere applications showcase built-in offline capability, easy integration with existing data and applications, and advanced security. Developers and business leaders in thousands of organizations across one hundred countries have used Alpha Software products to cost-effectively deploy enterprise applications with outstanding user experiences. For more information, visit www.AlphaSoftware.com, or follow us on Twitter at @AlphaSoftware.
Alpha Software Press Contact
Jackie Fraser or Julianna Sheridan
1. Mobile Becomes A Key Success Imperative For CIOs, Forrester, November 2015, Page 1
2. The Enterprise App Explosion: Scaling One to 100 Mobile Apps, Gartner, May 2015, Page 2
Alpha Anywhere is a trademark of Alpha Software Corporation, Burlington, Massachusetts. All other product and company names and marks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners.
Gartner Disclaimer: Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.