Alpha DevCon 2018

Thread: AA becomes unresponsive when saving newly inserted Editor-DateSpinLists control

Real Name
    Doug Evenhouse

Default AA becomes unresponsive when saving newly inserted Editor-DateSpinLists control

Hi,

I've been trying to insert a "Defined Control" -- namely the Editor-DateSpinLists control -- onto a UX component. I can successfully insert the control, and edit its various properties, but when I attempt to save the control, the AA IDE becomes unresponsive. I must cancel the process and restart AA in order to recover and have a responsive IDE again. However, the new control I wanted to insert is not inserted.

Anyone else having this issue? I'm using the latest beta version downloaded and installed this morning: Version 12.3, Build 3093; System Addins: Build 4542

Thanks for any help.

Alpha Software Employee Beta Spark's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sarah Mitchell

Default Re: AA becomes unresponsive when saving newly inserted Editor-DateSpinLists control

Quote Originally Posted by dougeven View Post
    Hi,

I've been trying to insert a "Defined Control" -- namely the Editor-DateSpinLists control -- onto a UX component. I can successfully insert the control, and edit its various properties, but when I attempt to save the control, the AA IDE becomes unresponsive. I must cancel the process and restart AA in order to recover and have a responsive IDE again. However, the new control I wanted to insert is not inserted.

Anyone else having this issue? I'm using the latest beta version downloaded and installed this morning: Version 12.3, Build 3093; System Addins: Build 4542

Thanks for any help.
    Hi Doug!

Could you share the component that this is happening in? Either as an attachment here or via email to tabletbeta@alphasoftware.com? We tried to reproduce this on our end unsuccessfully.

Thanks!
    Sarah Mitchell

Looking for answers? Try our documentation.
    If you can't find something, let us know!

Real Name
    Doug Evenhouse

Default Re: AA becomes unresponsive when saving newly inserted Editor-DateSpinLists control

After further experimentation, it seems that this problem (AA freezing when saving a newly inserted Editor-DateSpinLists control) occurs if the control is not inserted inside an Editor Set. If I simply create a panel card and insert the Editor-DateSpinLists control inside the panel card and then try to save the component AA becomes unresponsive. However, if I create an Editor Set first and place the Editor inside the Editor Set I am able to save the component successfully.

If you are unable to replicate this issue given this new information let me know and I will send an example component that exhibits the problematic behavior.

Thanks.

Alpha Software Employee Beta Spark's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sarah Mitchell

Quote Originally Posted by dougeven View Post
    After further experimentation, it seems that this problem (AA freezing when saving a newly inserted Editor-DateSpinLists control) occurs if the control is not inserted inside an Editor Set. If I simply create a panel card and insert the Editor-DateSpinLists control inside the panel card and then try to save the component AA becomes unresponsive. However, if I create an Editor Set first and place the Editor inside the Editor Set I am able to save the component successfully.

If you are unable to replicate this issue given this new information let me know and I will send an example component that exhibits the problematic behavior.

Thanks.
    Hi Doug!

I just wanted to let you know this is now fixed in the beta. Thanks for the extra details!
    Sarah Mitchell

Looking for answers? Try our documentation.
    If you can't find something, let us know!

Real Name
    Doug Evenhouse

Yes. I tried to reproduce the problem and see that a warning is now emitted. Thank you!