Alpha DevCon 2018

Thread: drag scrolling issue in a UX panel card with search controls

Real Name
    Bob Senski

Default drag scrolling issue in a UX panel card with search controls

I loose the ability to drag scroll a list on a panel card when I added search controls. The list is in a container, and the search controls are in a frame above the list container. Using an Ipad mini, and an Iphone 4 to test this.

Having some trouble understanding the Hierarchies of scrolling within a panel card. Is scrolling nested? As an example I have a layout UX, with a series of embedded components each in a panel card, these embedded components have 2 or more panel cards within them, and within these panel cards may be containers. Since each level has scrolling properties, which level controls the ability to scroll. Can't make sense of it. Can you get drag scrolling within drag scrolling? It would be helpful if this could be explained better.

Thanks,
    Bob

Real Name
    Bob Senski

Default Re: drag scrolling issue in a UX panel card with search controls

Interesting if I reduce the size of the container creating space on each side of the list, I can scroll if I do it to the right, or left of the list in the padded space. Is this because the list has a detail view, and each item in the list has an on touch event to take you to the detail view panel card? Still don't understand this fully, seems very inconsistent.

Real Name
    Dean Kier

Hi Bob,

Did you ever get a satisfactory answer on your scolling question? I've got list that I would like to just grow off the bottom of my screen, but the list itself seems to be overtaking the scrolling for the panel card itself. I did just like you did and cut 10% off the side of the list and now I can scroll in that border. I'd just like the list not to catch scroll events if at all possible. Maybe I'm missing the event to skip.

"Certified" Alphaholic CharlesParker's Avatar
    Real Name
    Charles Parker

Scrolling issues seems to run amuck! I have an issue where the scrolling works on iPads and then not android, and vice versa. Sometimes it seems like there is no way to get "into" a container for the browser on mobile devices whereas a desktop ALWAYS shows the scroll bar, unless of course your using I.E. Then it's a guess at best.
    So my thoughts would turn to browsers support rather than an alpha issue when seeking the best solution.
    It would be nice to see (even if bloated) code to ensure cross browser support for our tabbed ui's and panel card options come from alpha with the ability to scaled back when and if needed.
    NWCOPRO Nuisance Wildlife Control Software-My Application: http://www.nwcopro.com OR my Developer Chat
    Disconnected apps are easy to understand. An internet-enabled app is like a long cat, you pull the tail on one device in New York and the cat meows in New Orleans. In the case of a disconnected app, there just isn't a cat and the meow is familiar.