Get a Jumpstart with our Sample Apps

Thread: List control displaying children (parent/children scenario) does not load

Real Name
    Jaime Ben David

Default List control displaying children (parent/children scenario) does not load

Hi
    I have an UX that displays an Order ( parent ) and Products for that order ( children ). The Products table is displayed using a list control ( with detail view for editing ). Backend is MariaDB.
    Data source for the list is defined as "select * from Products where OrderID = :whatID" and i defined the whatID argument setup to load at runtime the value of the {OrderID} field.

I have a grid for all orders, where the OrderID column is a Link that will open the above mentioned UX for editing.

When opening the UX from the grid for editing, the list is empty even though there obviously are records there, as if it didn't recognize the filtering field.

If for debugging purposes i enter a defaul value in the OrderID field of my UX, the list will load ok...

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks
    Jaime

"Certified" Alphaholic peteconway's Avatar
    Real Name
    Peter Conway

Default Re: List control displaying children (parent/children scenario) does not load

1. Why is there a grid.
    2. the UX will need a refresh ( the list control) in the on render complete of the UX, then the parent will get filtered (you may need to do this in the onSynchronize as well) - then any child lists.
    3. You need to think about why you are using the Grid (outside the UX) when the list control now does basically all the grid can do inside it. Much easier.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (attributed)
    US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)

Real Name
    Jaime Ben David

Default Re: List control displaying children (parent/children scenario) does not load

Thanks for your help.
    I have a 'classic' scenario where a grid displays an Orders table with all kind of options ( search, print and stuff ).
    The OrderID field is set as a link that onClick runs the action "Open a UX for adding / editing record" in editing mode of course, opening the above mentioned ux.

The list is setup as explained, it's as if when rendering the list control in the UX, the OrderID control is still not populated. I also setup the action to already fill in the OrderID argument, still doesn't help.
    Will manually refresh the list in the onRenderComplete, will see if that helps...