Alpha DevCon 2018

Thread: Tab Form Acting "Weird"

Real Name
    Bob M

Default Tab Form Acting "Weird"

I have a tabbed form and something has changed that is causing what is on one tab to be viewed on another tab.

My thought on a tabbed form was that it allows different views of a set's total data. In the beginning, it was working fine with 3 tabs. When I added a 4th, the "weirdness" started happening and now it has become persistent when the overal form is in view mode.

Attached are 2 images showing when the form is in the working mode the same browses, buttons, RTF, etc are showing on two of the three tabs.

Also attached are 2 images in design mode showing how the form should be when in view mode. I suppose this will look confusing at first, so please, ask questions if you are confused.

I apologize, in advance, if it makes little or no sense as to how I posted.

policytabopen.JPGpolicytabindesign.JPGquotetabopen.JPGquotetabindesignmode.JPG

"Certified" Alphaholic Stan Mathews's Avatar
    Real Name
    Stan Mathews

Default Re: Tab Form Acting "Weird"

I seem to remember something like that happening to me before. I didn't ever find a cause but was able to eliminate the "bleed thru".

Create a text object, no text, with the same fill color as the tabbed object. Place it on each tab of the object, sizing to fit within the tab and cover all objects on the tab. Set the order of the text object to the back.
    There can be only one.

Real Name
    Bob M

Default Re: Tab Form Acting "Weird"

Thanks, Stan.

I was thinking it might have something to do with both my form philosophy and the set structure.

My form has a policy tab, which includes a list of policies in one browse and a list of files uploaded specifically to that policy. Hence, in the set's structure there is a child table that is a one to many relationship for contact to policies. And, because a specific policy can have multiple files associated, there is a child of a child policy table for the policy list. So, choosing one policy shows all the files for that specific policy id. It worked fine, but then went south, like I described above.

For example, each contact will have multiple policies. In fact, each year the policy renews with the same policy number, just has new premium and policy effective and end dates. So, when the time comes, each policy is renewed and entered with same policy numbers. A5 assigns it a new policy id number when I enter the renewed policy.

Both of the above examples are presented on the same tab page. So I was thinking because I had a child and grandchild table on the same tab page it was screwing up A5.

Now, having created a new (and improved I have to say) tab form, the tab is functioning correctly BUT, rather than putting the two browses on the same tab page, I use a button to open a form that shows the browse with all the files related to the specific policy id from the policy list browse. EXCEPT, now it tells me there are no records in the query. Of course, I know there are records, I can see them when looking at the table.
    Attached Images Attached Images