Alpha DevCon 2018

Thread: Font size issue

Real Name
    Brett Bohanon

Default Font size issue

There are 2 places that the component Font Size property doesn't seem to work. On a grid component, a dropdown list does not change to the smallest font when I set the property to smallest on the component. All of the other field types appear the proper size.

Also, in columnar view, the field labels also do not reflect the font size change, even though the the fields do.

Are these things bugs or features and what can I do to get all of my fonts to be consistant? The default font size is rather large and takes up a lot of screen space. Thanks.

Former Alpha Employee Edward Larrabee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Edward Larrabee

Default RE: Font size issue

The field labels have their own styles in the CSS stylesheet. You will need to edit the stylesheet to change them.

Real Name
    Brett Bohanon

Default RE: Font size issue

It seems that the font size in the grid properties SHOULD overide all of the font sizes in the grid. If not I would think that would be considered a bug. However, if I accept that they don't, I still can't get this solved.

I have tried editing the style sheet directly. I believe that the field label group is called (style sheet name)FieldCaptionTD and the dropdown list is Select. When I edit these, it shows the changes in the style sheet editor, but does not show them in the grid. I've tried different style sheets, grids and inserting the grid into new a5w page. Field labels and dropdown lists seem to be stuck on a font size of 10.

Isn't anyone else noticing this?

Real Name
    Otto Gustafson

Default Re: Font size issue

I wonder if you ever solved this.
    It describes the same issue I am having.
    the fonts do not seem to be controlled by the properties setting, except when they feel like it.
    I have specified font = smallest in the properties of the Grid with updateable Detail view.

the result is small fonts in the grid and Large fonts in the detail view (which does not have a font setting and one would expect that it would inherit the setting from the parent grid.
    Anyone?
    Varying fonts.png