Alpha DevCon 2018

Thread: Chinese Character Problem on a5w Pages

KKH

Default Chinese Character Problem on a5w Pages

Hello, I have a big problem to show the data in Chinese characters through a5w pages. Actually, inside the A5v6's application, all the data inputs in Chinese can be correctly displayed, but on a5w pages they totally cannot be showed in IE.

I've tried to set the META Charset=big5 (Traditional Chinese) on each a5w page with the correct encoding in IE, but A5's WAS still incorrectly displays the HTML's special characters on a5w pages, instead of the correct Chinese characters. It seems that A5's WAS forces to display US-ASCII on a5w. How can I work around this?

Thanks & regards,
    Ken

Alpha Software Employee Lenny Forziati's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lenny Forziati

Default RE: Chinese Character Problem on a5w Pages

Ken, do you have a URL for your server so I can see this in action?

KKH

Dear Lenny,

Thanks for your reply. Currently, I do not have the public URL for my database. However, below I provide you more information about the Chinese-character problem on a5w pages.

In the word file I attached, you can see a picture. I input "´ú¸Õ" ¡V Mean: Testing (Traditional Chinese / Big5 Coding) for the Company Name field. However, on a5w page, it incorrectly changed to [ ´ˆy¸Õ ]. Inside HTML coding from a5w-page, these Chinese characters wrongly became " ´ú¸Õ ". Please help to check this issue.

Thanks & Regards,
    Ken

Real Name
    Lenny Forziati

Ken, your word document does not indicate what the actual data in your tabel is. Could you please send me your DBF that contains this data? A single record table is all I need.

-Lenny

KKH

Dear Lenny,

I've attached the customer.dbf with this message. From Customer ID#00000001 to 00000005, I input some traditional Chinese characters (Big5 encoding) in the company name fields for your reference. Please kindly check why the Chinese characters can correctly show inside the A5v6's desktop application, BUT they incorrectly display on a5w pages. How can I work around this issue?

Thanks & regards,
    Ken

KKH

Dear Lenny,

Any update about this Chinese character problem on a5w pages??

Thanks & Regards,
    Ken

KKH

Hello....Any solutions about this traditional chinese character (big5 encoding) problem on a5w pages?????

Thanks!

Regards,
    Ken

Real Name
    Lenny Forziati

Yes Ken, this will be addressed in the next patch. I had sent you an email with instructions to download a pre-release patch, but it apparently did not get to you.

You can download an interim update from
    http://downloads.alphasoftware.com/system_aex.zip - just close Alpha Five, unzip this to your A5v6 program folder, then restart Alpha.

-Lenny

KKH

Dear Lenny,

Thank you very much for your help. I will try your latest update about this issue.

Regards,
    Ken

KKH

Default A5v6's Build 2058 Problem

Dear Lenny,

After using the A5v6's Build 2058 (the new system.aex and alpha5.aex), now Chinese characters can be correctly displayed on a5w pages.

However, I have some new problems, after using the Build 2058. 1) In Web Components' Grid Builder, Field Properties under Grid and Search are blank. The build 1600_2057 does not have this problem.

2) Under build 2058, I got the error message during the startup -- "Error running addin 'startup_mapi':couldn't find/load external library". And, I reinstalled build 2057, and it is ok again.

3) In both 2057 and 2058, I find out that I cannot input the Chinese characters for the Row label of Field Properties (Web Components). Is it normal?

Thanks & Regards,
    Ken

Real Name
    MikeOng

Default Re: A5v6's Build 2058 Problem

Dear KKH,
    Can you please provide some guide as how to display Chinese characters in A5 desktop.
    Have tried settings under Regional and Language Options -> Languages ->Install files for East Asian Languages... but was unsuccessful.
    Your help would be most valuable. Thank you.