Get a Jumpstart with our Sample Apps

Thread: A5v7 Killed Xywrite

Real Name
    DAVID B. GARWOOD

Default A5v7 Killed Xywrite

I just moved up to A5V6 (cdrom) & V7 (download). When I installed V7 my word processor XyWrite (OK-I'm a nut-its an OLD windows program) refused to run. Click on the icon and nothing happens. I did a system restore back to before the install of V7 and then XyWrite works. I thought it might be a bad download, so I did it again with the same result. I have now uninstalled both V6 and V7 and all is well with V5 and Xywrite.

I will not give up XyWrite (too much in the archives) so am I stuck with V5?

Real Name
    Alan Buchholz

Default Curious to try this.

XP has a compatability mode that you can run programs in. Perhaps you should try XYWrite in an older mode and see if the conflict disappears.
    Al Buchholz
    Bookwood Systems, LTD
    Weekly QReportBuilder Webinars Thursday 1 pm CST

Occam's Razor - KISS
    Normalize till it hurts - De-normalize till it works.
    Advice offered and questions asked in the spirit of learning how to fish is better than someone giving you a fish.
    When we triage a problem it is much easier to read sample systems than to read a mind.

Real Name
    Bill Lee

Default Re: A5v7 Killed Xywrite

Quote Originally Posted by RCLAWMAN View Post
    I just moved up to A5V6 (cdrom) & V7 (download). When I installed V7 my word processor XyWrite (OK-I'm a nut-its an OLD windows program) refused to run. Click on the icon and nothing happens. I did a system restore back to before the install of V7 and then XyWrite works. I thought it might be a bad download, so I did it again with the same result. I have now uninstalled both V6 and V7 and all is well with V5 and Xywrite.

I will not give up XyWrite (too much in the archives) so am I stuck with V5?
    ----------
    Don't give up. Lots XY3 and Xy4 (much better, but mildly different) stuff and files at xywrite.com
    (Note that the EDITOR.EXE are somewhat hidden under Year 2000 etc. updates.

And best of all Xywrite plays in all the windows environments. See http://vdosplus.org/
    Wengier Wu