Alpha DevCon 2018

Thread: Contact Manager or Alpha bundled applications and Alpha Five Calender tools addin

Real Name
    David Britz

Default Contact Manager or Alpha bundled applications and Alpha Five Calender tools addin

Can anyone please tell me if these products runs in Vista and whether it is worth the money. Can one make changes to these addins or use them in one's own application as part of the application.

Is the order entry application a full accounting system. If not can one incorporate other accounting systems in Alpha except for Quickbooks.

Thank You

Real Name
    Dave Mason

Default Re: Contact Manager or Alpha bundled applications and Alpha Five Calender tools addin

I will try and tackle some of your questions as best i can.

Can anyone please tell me if these products runs in Vista and whether it is worth the money. Can one make changes to these addins or use them in one's own application as part of the application.

Is the order entry application a full accounting system. If not can one incorporate other accounting systems in Alpha except for Quickbooks.
    If they are purchased with an Alpha product(IE V9) made for Vista, they would run in Vista and should anyway since it is Alpha itself that had issues with Vista as did most of the rest of the software world.

Worth the money? If it fills your need, yes.

You can make changes in them because they are written with Alpha. I think all of them

I doubt it is a full accounting system. You can use any accounting system as long as you have one that can read a dbf file or whatever container you are choosing to use. With Alpha, you can make your own accounting system or (I Bet) purchase one already written by one of the independent Alpha developers that may be more useful to you.

Now, maybe someone will join in with more.

Dave Mason
    dave@aldaweb.com

Skype is dave.mason46

Real Name
    David Britz

Default Re: Contact Manager or Alpha bundled applications and Alpha Five Calender tools addin

Thank you so much. It helps a lot.

Real Name
    Steve Wood

The contact manager was written in version 5 of Alpha Five as a Desktop app and is simplistic. The calendar add-on is OK, but you cannot embed the calendar on a page, it operates outside of your normal page flow, as a popup window.
    Steve Wood
    Join the ALPHA DEVELOPERS NETWORK
    There is no Cloud. It's just someone else's computer.
    Web - Mobile - Hosting - Products - Frameworks - Developer Resources
    AlphaToGo | IADN (100% Alpha Anywhere Websites)

Real Name
    basoimp

do you know ??????

Can anyone please tell me if these products runs in Vista and whether it is worth the money.

Real Name
    Peter Greulich

Quote Originally Posted by basoimp View Post
    do you know ??????

Can anyone please tell me if these products runs in Vista and whether it is worth the money.
    These products are just rather ancient applications that run within Alpha. So if Alpha runs in VISTA, so will the product. Steve Wood called them "simplistic"; from what I have seen, I concur. I'm pretty sure they can be modified.