Get a Jumpstart with our Sample Apps

Thread: Will this take 8 subreports?

"Certified" Alphaholic Mike Wilson's Avatar
    Real Name
    mike wilson

Default Will this take 8 subreports?

I have a document control app. There are 4 actions that can occur to a document: 1. initiate ; 2. review ; 3. revise ; 4. retire. All documents have a unique identifier. When an action is begun on a document, the document is removed from view to the public and placed in the hands of administration, until it is signed off, where it then returns to public view. I use a table I witfully named LOG to track the actions and the state of the documents. It has a field doc_action and doc_signer. What I would like is a report that presents 2 groups of 4 actions. The 2 are signed and unsigned. The 4 are the four actions. To filter a group, I"m believeing will require a subreport, so this will take 8 subreports?

Well, I guess it would be 7 because there is no signature required for retiring a document. :o
    Last edited by Mike Wilson; 09-20-2010 at 03:00 PM.
    Mike W

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    Michael Humby

Default Re: Will this take 8 subreports?

Mike,

In the past I have successfully created up to 10 subreports each with their own filters showing on a single report. Also you can create your first subreport then copy and paste then change the properties to filter and sort etc Alpha will automatically give each subreport a name e.g Subreport 1, 2 etc.

Michael

Real Name
    mike wilson

Thanks Michael. I did just that. The only thing I see that isn't good is that is if the contents of one of the subreport is empty, there is a big gap in the report. I'm going to try a conditional object to see if that makes any difference.
    Mike W

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    Ronald Anusiewicz

Mike,

Did you ever solve your problem with the white space (gap)?
    I have a report with five subreports. I still have some white space which I can't get rid of.
    Alpha Anywhere v3.5
    Version 12.3, Build 2999
    MySql56 & DBF's

Alpha 4, 5, Anywhere

Ron Anusiewicz

Real Name
    mike wilson

Hi Ron,
    Gosh that was a long time ago. I don't thimk I did. That application was abandoned a bit after the time of that last post because the IS administration of the hospital where I was working at the time made the decision to pay $50,000 for an alternate system to be built over the course of 2 years rather than accept the one I built that was already working and active for no cost. Go figure. The administrative director of my department and me are no longer there.
    Mike W