Alpha DevCon 2018

Thread: Script to create a report turns into a delete script when a different user is logged

Real Name
    Werder

Default Script to create a report turns into a delete script when a different user is logged

I'm using a script from the message board to print a report with a button on a browse. I believe the code is originally written by Tom Cone or Stan. Everything worked fine for months. I recently created a user and group under security. When this new user is logged in and pushes the button on the browse no report is created. When the report already exists pushing the create button will infact delete the report it is supposed to (re) create. To me this is really amazing. I'm interested to understand how this is possible and would like to know if the result is the same on your system. I attached a sample to test this.

The password for the user: “administrator” and user: “watch” is “admin”. Use the administrator account to create the report and use the watch account to create (delete) a new report. Because of the addin.variables() the file is saved on drive d:\ (autoexec file / code tab). The name of the directory is the same as the first field on the browse.
    Last edited by werder101010; 10-27-2010 at 10:10 AM.

"Certified" Alphaholic Mike Wilson's Avatar
    Real Name
    mike wilson

Default Re: Script to create a report turns into a delete script when a different user is log

yes, I see the same behavior. I can't see the cause at the moment.
    Mike W

Real Name
    Werder

Default Re: Script to create a report turns into a delete script when a different user is log

Thanks for checking and confirming Mike. I'll send in a bug report so alpha can look at it.

Real Name
    Werder

Selwyn confirmed it's a bug an he will fix it. By allowing the “watch” user to enter records (security settings table) the problem go's away.