Report topics in Alpha Anywhere:
- Report Overview
- An overview of the capabilities of Reporting in Alpha Anywhere.
- Getting Started with Reports
- Learn about the Report Editor and how to work with reports with different types of data sources.
- Creating Reports
- Creating reports
- Report Structure
- A Report is divided into several sections with headers and footers. These sections are the Report, Detail, and Groups sections.
- Ordering and Selecting Records
- You can specify the order and selection criteria for the records that appear in your report either:
- Grouping Related Records
- Topics include: grouping levels, creating and removing groups, groups inside of groups, creating a group break expression, ordering records in a group.
- Headers and Footers
- A new report automatically has a Report Header and a Page Footer.
- Linked and Sub Reports
- Methods for creating sub-reports or linking other reports into a report.
- Adding System and Calculated Fields
- Adding calculated and system fields to reports, such as page numbers and running totals.
- Printing Techniques
- Techniques for layout out fields and lines in reports, including suppressing space and handling data that spans multiple lines or pages.
- Design Techniques
- Tips and techniques for designing reports.
- Generating Reports
- Printing, emailing, and faxing reports.
- Managing Reports
- Copying, archiving, and working with report preferences.
- Quick Reports
- Building reports with the Quick Report Genie
- Layout Table Reports
- Learn how to create and use Layout Table Reports.
- Using Reports Created in SQL Server Reporting Services in an Alpha Anywhere Project
- Many organizations use SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and have a number of reports that were developed in SSRS. Using these reports in an Alpha Anywhere application is now possible using the SSRS integration features in Alpha Anywhere.
- Table of Contents, Bookmarks, Index
- Adding a table of contents, bookmarks, or an index to a long report makes it easier to navigate. The report builder has a variety of tools for adding bookmarks, a table of contents, or an index to any freeform or layout table report.