Setting the right criteria for choosing a low-code platform is critical - or you risk failing your organization.
Making a decision with regard to the low-code development platform to use in your corporation, in your consulting practice or in building your commercial SaaS app – is a critical decision. Get it right and you will be a hero. Get it wrong – well, you know what that means. That's why setting criteria for choosing a low-code platform is so important.
While many software companies are promising you ease of use, power and productivity – we would suggest that before you make a decision regarding your mobile and web platform, make sure that you are informed and do your homework first. It will be time well invested!
It is very easy for software companies to hire slick copywriters who are pre-wired to make bold claims and write enticing copy. Delivering against these promises is an entirely different matter. You know that the development software you choose has to deliver for you quickly, reliably and predictably.
Based on our experience at Alpha we know this too because Alpha is a company founded and run by developers. All of the developers of Alpha Anywhere have been in your shoes and understand the real pressure that you are under to make the right decision – knowing the consequences of both a good and bad decision.
The 8 criticial criteria (listed below) are what we had in mind when we built Alpha Anywhere because real-world experience has taught us that meeting these 8 requirements will allow you to be successful.
Whether you select Alpha or not, make sure you understand how each alternative development platform stacks up against this set of criteria
- Can you get most of your app built with NO code in order to maximize your productivity
- Can you code using standard languages whenever you need to on the front and back end, because you need the confidence that you never will run out of power
- Can you add offline support to mobile apps with intelligent synchronization and conflict resolution with no extra effort
- Can you produce web apps andPixel Perfect mobile apps and run cross platform
- Can you easily integrate with systems of records and corporate databases
- Will the apps that are built be fully mobile optimized so that even complex apps are intuitive to use on a phone
- Can your apps scale and can you deploy them anywhere (in-house, the Alpha Cloud or at any hosting company)
- Is the platform complete – can you build both the front end and the back end of the app
Bonus criteria – Will the software company be there for you through design, development, managed deployment and of course supporting you all the way.
For more information on the advanced cloud for hosting mobile and web applications – check out the Alpha Cloud.