Demand for mobile enterprise apps continues to grow. Businesses seeking to mobilize their workforce turn to a variety of mobile and web development platforms to help them get the job done. Careful consideration is required when evaluating platforms for building mobile apps. When looking at platforms for building mobile and web business apps there are a number of key considerations:
- Does the platform have the fundamental capabilities to get the mobile app built?
- How long will it take to get the app built?
- What will it cost to get the app built in terms of application development resources (people and money?)
- What will my ongoing licensing costs be?
There Are Two Fundamentally Different Licensing Models
- A user-based or named user pricing model. This model is used by SalesForce and most of the other mobile development platforms.
- A server-based or concurrent user pricing model. Alpha Anywhere uses this model.