Offline Access with Alpha AnywhereAs you know from following Alpha and our recent Alpha Anywhere 3.0 announcement, we believe, based on strong customer feedback, that offline support is vital in a mobile development platform. Connectivity is no sure thing and mobile apps that lack offline access limit where they can be used. Providing the means to cache data offline gives apps built with Alpha Anywhere a major advantage. Enable your users to work offline and use your app anywhere.
In this blog post we want to share the use cases we are seeing from customers who have built and deployed offline capable mobile business apps or who are building mobile apps that require offline support.
Offline Apps: Real World Use CasesExamples of these apps are:
- Salesforce enablement with all the data (pricing, product specs, purchasing histories, payment histories, promotion info etc)
- Elevator Inspections
- Pipeline Monitoring and Inspections
- Flight Logging on Military planes
- Warehouse Inventory Management
- Equipment Repairs in Mines
- Field Service
- Real Estate Sales
- Animal Health Monitoring
- Election Polling
- Field Market Research
- Hotel Check In and Check Out from remote parts of a property
- Executive Information Dashboards
Core Benefits of Offline Mobile SupportIn these situations at least one of the three core benefits (listed below) of offline operation are manifested.
A) Being able to keep working independent of the signal
B) Getting better performance because the mobile device is not having to wait for the remote server to respond
C) Elimination of the cost of having a cellular data plan
If you have interesting use cases of offline capable mobile apps, we would love to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org