Alpha Anywhere is the complete, standards-based, front-end to back-end, prototype-to-production environment for rapidly and cost-effectively developing and deploying enterprise-level, cross-platform mobile and web business applications. Its low-code approach provides developer-friendly visual tools which easily integrate custom code written in common computer languages. It accelerates development with a single code base and built-in offline support across all deployment platforms. Alpha Anywhere applications easily access and integrate with existing databases and web services, and can exploit built-in role-based security, reporting, business charting, scheduling, mapping and geolocation, and advanced media handling. Alpha Anywhere enables app download from popular app stores and direct access to device hardware, such as the accelerometer, device storage, and camera (including barcode scanning) using Adobe® PhoneGap™ Build. Alpha Software offers on-premise and cloud-based hosting.
This morning, the Alpha Software engineering team released a new version of Alpha Anywhere. New features in this release (Alpha Anywhere 220.127.116.11) include:
- Git Integration Upgrades - Improvements have been made to improve the performance of converting a Project to a Git repository and committing changes. Color coding has also been added to the Web Projects Control Panel to indicate if a file has been modified. Colors are fully customizable.
- Live Preview Server Address - Some APIs and oAuth providers have restrictions as to what IP addresses can be used for local testing purposes. You can now configure the Live Preview server to use your local IP address (127.0.0.1) instead of localhost.
- Alpha Anywhere has been upgraded to use OpenSSL 1.1.1c
- Two-factor Authentication - Added the ability to suppress the two-factor authentication dialog that prompts the user for a secondary piece of authentication criteria.
- Added the ability to set the class name for the List control's Checkbox Select Column.
- onGotAccessToken - fires when an oAuth authentication flow completes. This event can be used to store the tokens returned by the oAuth provider.
The Alpha platform is the only unified mobile and web app development and deployment environment with distinct “no-code” and “low-code” components. Using the Alpha TransForm no-code product, business users and developers can take full advantage of all the capabilities of the smartphone to turn any form into a mobile app in minutes, and power users can add advanced app functionality with Alpha TransForm's built-in programming language. IT developers can use the Alpha Anywhere low-code environment to develop complex web or mobile business apps from scratch, integrate data with existing systems of record and workflows (including data collected via Alpha TransForm), and add additional security or authentication requirements to protect corporate data.