Day 2 of Alpha DevCon 2017 opened with Alpha Software President Selwyn Rabins reviewing Alpha Software’s mission:
- Simplify development, deployment and distribution of complex mobile and web applications
- Make skilled developers more productive
- Enable developers without formal computer science training to become effective mobile and web developers
…and the Company’s expanded mission in 2017:
- Focus on “Citizen Developers (i.e., PowerPoint skill level)
- Enable LOB users to develop and deploy certain types of mobile applications
He then reviewed some of the significant product innovations announced over the past 12 months, then shared some of the future innovations on the Alpha Anywhere coming roadmap.
CTO Dan Bricklin then showed attendees how to impress end-users with stunning data visualization with client-side templates, followed by Lead Solutions Engineer Dion McCormick walking developers through the latest styling capabilities in Alpha Anywhere.
This afternoon was a mix of technical walk-throughs and demos to show the latest features and customer presentations…
Alpha DevCon continues through Friday, October 27th.