U.S. Entrepreneurship Hits Record High
A report issued last week by Babson and Baruch Colleges points to an exciting trend in the U.S. economy: The percentage of adults involved in startups in 2012 hit 13%–a record high since Babson began tracking entrepreneurship rates in 1999.
Better yet, the vast majority of these folks started businesses to pursue opportunity, rather than out of necessity. A whopping 43 percent of Americans believe there are good opportunities for entrepreneurship, up by more than 20 percent since 2011 and the highest level recorded in the history of the study, called the Global Entrepreneurship Monitor U.S. report. For the full article click here
There is abundant evidence that SaaS (software as a service) is a great business model for entrepreneurs with domain experience in an industry/discipline or for people with software talents who can develop SaaS apps.
Gartner, is forecasting that next year the SaaS market will be $22 billion next year.http://www.information-age.
com/technology/cloud-and- virtualisation/2095578/saas- will-be-$145bn-market-this- year---gartner
What is good for customers of SaaS
- No installs - everything is run from your browser or mobile device from any location
- No large upfront costs - typically you pay a monthly fee based on usage
- Platform that the app is running on - normally the SaaS app provider will run the system on state of the art hardware on multiple servers to ensure high availability and to protect you from hardware malfunctions
What is good for entrepreneurs
- Global reach - If you have built a good product and clearly defined your market, you can now sell your product to anyone on the planet (previously with packaged software, you were often limited to selling to a local prospect base because often you were limited to places where you could set up the hardware and install the software)
- Support - Since everyone is running the same version of your software on a standardized browsers or mobile devices, support costs will be lower
- Scale - Your business can grow by simply adding more server capacity
The key criteria for entrepreneurs when selecting a mobile and web SaaS development platform then become
- How quickly can I build the SaaS app to beat potential competitors to market and establish "first mover advantage?"
- What will it cost to build the app?
- Will the development environment I use have enough richness and power to build a great app and will it let me build with one code base and have the app adapt responsively for mobile devices and the web?
- How quickly can I update and enhance the app to maintain my position in the market and what are the associated costs for that development effort?
- Finally, but also critical, what will the operating costs be in terms of hosting and licensing to ensure that I have enough gross margin to market my SaaS service effectively and still produce the levels of profits and cash flow that I want?
This is where Alpha Anywhere comes in.
It lets your build and modify your SaaS app extremely quickly because of its coding optional design. The reduced time gives you the benefits of lower development costs and being able to seize market opportunities in a timely fashion.
It saves you money because of its affordable licensing and hosting. This allows you to price your app at the right price for the market rather than being constrained by your operating costs.
More details are laid out in this table below highlighting important benefits that Alpha Anywhere offers to developers of business application and mobile/Web SaaS apps and why it meets the key criteria laid out about