As some of you know, at Alpha Software we are well into the beta of the latest addition to Alpha Anywhere - Mobile Optimized Forms for Rich Data Capture which completes the last piece in the diagram below.
Core aspects of the thought process behind this new offline mobile forms capability (which recognize that mobile forms are very different than desktop forms) include:
- Re-thinking of data entry on a tablet or a phone and how data entry should be "tuned" and customized for each field type,
- Designing how photos/video/sound (which can add so much to the richness and usefulness of the data being captured) can be captured efficiently and incorporated easily and effectively into mobile and tablet forms,
- Recognizing how you might want to take advantage of various layers of electronic ink to draw with and to annotate images and video,
- Keeping in mind that field workers using mobile devices may not have WIFI or a reliable or consistent 3G/4G connection,
- Understanding that the data being used and captured in mobile forms may need to interact with back-end databases and applications.
Dan Bricklin, Alpha's CTO recently came back from an event where he was a guest and which was hosted by a large global IT Services company where heWe asked Dan to put together a short video of what he demonstrated that was generating the high levels of excitement and enthusiasm at the event and now we wanted to share this video with you - click the link below to watch the video
was able to demonstrate to C-level executives at some of the world's largest enterprises the innovations in Alpha Anywhere's mobile optimized
forms and how these innovations are likely to be "game changers" in terms of productivity for the workers who use them.
We look forward to your comments, questions and feedback - please email us at email@example.com
At Alpha Software, we look forward to seeing this unique and exciting new optimized forms capability playing a key role in assisting you in making workers, who work standing up at your companies and at your clients' organizations, significantly more productive and their work product more valuable.